Does waiting over a month for an order with out any sort of update on your order while others who have ordered after you post that they have already received thiers seem wrong?
shamrock629

I am a long time Verizon customer who is really getting frustrated! I placed my order for an Iphone 5s 32gb gold on 9/25/11, and I received the order conformation, but that's it. My card hasn't been charged,and my estimated ship date is still saying 11/11!  I understand that this is a popular phone, but how are others already receiving them, or have earlier est dates when they ordered later? Is anyone else getting frustrated like me?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does waiting over a month for an order with out any sort of update on your order while others who have ordered after you post that they have already received thiers seem wrong?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Shamrock629,

I apologize for any delay in getting your device. The specifics can be different from one order to another as perhaps why others get their order earlier. However, we are doing our best to process the orders as soon as possible. To check order status visit http://bit.ly/RjmCUB.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does waiting over a month for an order with out any sort of update on your order while others who have ordered after you post that they have already received thiers seem wrong?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Shamrock629,

I apologize for any delay in getting your device. The specifics can be different from one order to another as perhaps why others get their order earlier. However, we are doing our best to process the orders as soon as possible. To check order status visit http://bit.ly/RjmCUB.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
bkeck

yup seems wrong, I'm in the same boat

0 Likes
iphone_lover
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am in the same boat. I guess Verizon Wireless really values my business....Excellent Credit Score and LONG time customer who pays on time. The question begs what do they think of someone with a low FICO score?

0 Likes
pwny
Enthusiast - Level 3

I placed my order online on November 4th for a 32gb Gold iPhone 5S, and my shipping date is showing 11/11.  That's the same date it showed the day I placed my order. 

Now, depending on how you place your order (over the phone, online, or in a store), your order may be processed more quickly or more slowly.  Additionally, the color and/or capacity of iPhone you order may impact the processing time.  Your account type most likely affects it as well.  Some accounts are employee partners. By that, I mean: they get discounts off their bills, discounts off equipment, and other bonuses for linking their employment status with a partnering company (like Walmart, Target, or another large national company) with their Verizon Wireless account.  My account is a personal wireless account that is linked with an employee partnership discount.  Therefore, I get discounts off my monthly service and discounts off certain accessories (not off of actual phones).  Perhaps I also get some sort of higher priority when placing orders for equipment online, but I really don't know for sure. I might even get some sort of priority because I have three lines (a phone, a tablet, and a jetpack) on my account.  Again, I'm not sure.

It's also possible, and quite likely, that business wireless customers (companies who provide wireless phones and service for their employees) have a higher priority than personal accounts do, since those business customers tend to have dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of lines under the same account.  The more money they spend with VZW, the more priority they likely get on ordering equipment.

Credit score probably doesn't affect the priority in upgrading equipment whatsoever, though.  After all, they only really check your credit score when you sign up for a new account.  After that, all they really care about is whether you pay your bill in full on time every month.  Whether your credit score takes a nosedive after you get your foot in the door doesn't really matter, or they'd simply cancel accounts for people who have poor credit.  Verizon wants your money, and they want to keep getting your money.  That's why they're in business, after all.    So perhaps payment history with your Verizon service plays a role in determining your "priority level" with backordered equipment.

All in all, I can understand being annoyed by having to wait more than a minute to get your new phone.  I hate waiting for anything I want, especially if I can afford to pay for it right now.  But the fact of the matter is that it's a newly-released device, and unless you were the first person in line at a store that had one the day they were released, you know you're going to have to wait to get your shiny new iPhone.  It's always this way with new Apple devices.  Don't get stressed out or frustrated over it unless the shipping date passes without a confirmation email coming in.  It's not worth wasting your energy.

0 Likes