Ear Speaker stopped working after iOS7 upgrade
dcp92604

Wondering how many people using an iPhone 4 or 4s have had their ear speaker stop working following the iOS7 upgrade.  Mine stopped working the day after I upgraded to iOS7 - did not drop the phone, no physical damage occurred.  I've tried the recommended hard reset without success.  If anyone else has an effective solution, please share.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ear Speaker stopped working after iOS7 upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcp92604, thanks for trying to resolve this audio issue on your own. However, you need us right now. We provide a one year manufacturer warranty for issues like this. Did you subscribe to Total Equipment Coverage? http://bit.ly/13EUp25

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wheresstevejobs___
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing happened to me! Lost all my photos, messages and contacts too.  Good luck with getting help from Apple, especially their stores. I've spent hours on the phone and in their store and all they want to do is sell me a 5. The heck with Apple. My money will go elsewhere and I'll never buy another Apple product again!!!  BTW- I'm listening to calls using my speaker.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you spending so much time with Apple trying to get your information and audio back. We want you to have a fantastic working phone so you can enjoy our wireless network for many more years. Did you have your information backed up before the update? You may be able to follow the steps at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414 to restore your iPhone to it's previous information-filled glory.

As for the volume, make sure to check inside the headset jack for any debris or corrosion. I've come across pocket lint in my headset jack that caused the phone to think I had headphones plugged in. If the jack is all clear, try playing any song from your  Controller Center (Sliding from botton to top with the screen block) using the Earphones. Disconnect the earphones while the song's playing (the song will stop), and then press play again without the earphones in. This may help to trigger the phone to play sound normally. If not, when did you purchase your iPhone? Has there been any damage?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes