Email
BB01760

I got an email from Verizon saying that I needed to change my email server settings.  Ever since I did it, I have not been able to use email from my phone.  I don't have 3 hours to spend waiting for customer service ... anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you input incorrect settings.

What type of email are you using?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For which ISP is the email address for? Verizon.net?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BB01760

I have verizon email and was told to change my server settings to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net.  I did it, but when I try to access email it comes up sayiong pop.verizon.net is not responding

0 Likes
BB01760

I have verizon email and was told to change my server settings to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net.  I did it, but when I try to access email it comes up sayiong pop.verizon.net is not responding

0 Likes
BB01760

I'm using verizon

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

From looking at your post below in response to Ann154, I assume you are using Verizon.net

Did you also check to see if the other settings are correct as listed on Verizon's support page?

Mail server settings

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 pop.verizon.net
  • Incoming server port numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing server port numbers: 465  Why is this important?
  • Your Verizon Online username
  • Your Verizon Online password
  • Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I prefer to use an email address which is NOT associated with any specific ISP. That way IF I decide to change ISP's, I don't have to send out new email addresses to everyone.

Additionally, an email client which has its own app, such as GMAIL, works MUCH better than manually setting up email for an individual ISP.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues accessing your email BB01760 and thanks to the community for your input. Were you having any prior issues with access before you received the email? Are you using AOL, Yahoo, or Gmail? Do you have the most updated software? If no, update your software first, then try to access your email. If you continue to have issues I would also try removing your email completely and starting over with set up.

• From the home screen, select Settings.

• Select Mail, Contacts Calendars.

• From the Accounts section, select an email account.

• Select Delete Account.

• Select Delete from My iPhone.

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BB01760, thanks for these details. Are you syncing your wireless phone to this verizon e-mail account? If so, which phone do you have? We're here to help.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes