Ex husband attempting to access account
VondaPonder
Enthusiast - Level 1

My ex-husband contacted Verizon in an attempt to make changes to my account. He is not on my account and never has been. Verizon spoke to him about the changes he wanted to make. Verizon then phoned me to make sure he had the authority to do so.  I told Verizon  he was my ex-husband and has no authority whatsoever to access my account. I have a 4 digit PIN set up that must be given when calling in. Ex does not know this PIN.

He thought he was successful in making the changes. I have a screenshot of him boasting about taking me off of my account. When he finally realized he was not successful, he called again and attempted to make changes. Verizon, again, spoke to him about my account. Verizon then called to ask if he had authority to make changes. I told the rep that this is the second time he has done this. I called when he tried the first time and told them to not speak to anyone, but me, regarding my account. I reminded them that I have a PIN set up for that reason.

Verizon will not help me with this situation. Their customer service did not follow security procedure. My attorney called Verizon Security in an attempt to receive a transcript of the call. Verizon would not give this. I have filed a police report and am waiting for a detective to be assigned.

Verizon discussed my account information with someone that was not authorized. They need to admit and accept their mistake. I need Verizon to help me pursue this act of fraud. Verizon also needs to take accountability for speaking to anyone, but me, regarding my account. I have tried numerous times to speak to someone at Verizon and am told repeatedly there is nothing they can do. This simply is not true. I need the contact information for someone that can help.

Thanks so much,

Vonda

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ex husband attempting to access account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out. We do want to make sure that we keep your account information secured. We understand your concern. You can always check out this link with the steps on how to make sure you do everything possible to keep your account secure https://www.verizon.com/support/keeping-your-account-safe-faqs/

-Kevin

0 Likes
VondaPonder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kevin,

I have all security measures in place, yet Verizon spoke to  him anyhow.  I would like a name and contact information of who I can speak to. 

Vonda

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. We are sorry to hear this is happening, and would love to help out any way we can. Send us a Private Note, so we can gather more information. *Heaven

0 Likes