Facebook not loading
carey

I have the facebook app on my iphone....when i touch the newsfeed icon, its not loading with current information, it still shows yesterday's info even after I try to update it....does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Facebook not loading
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

snredrum wrote:

anyone???

snredrum,

I see that after completing all the necessary troubleshooting, you are still experiencing problems with getting Facebook to work properly on your Apple iPhone 4.  I can understand your frustrations!

I would like to recommend you reach out to the Application Developer so they can further assist in getting the application working on your device.  I am including a link below with instructions and screen shots on how to Report a Problem within the application.

Contact Application Developers - Apple iPhone® 4

Let me know how this works out for you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

I've had the same issue. I've noticed when viewing the news feed, at the top right corner it says "Top news", if you tap that it will show other options like, most recent, photos, etc. Viewing "most recent" will help with that problem.

0 Likes
carey

Thanks, I will give that a try!!

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

This is very annoying as the app tends to default to Top News instead of Most Recent.

0 Likes
shopaholic426

When they did the last update, the app went down. I have had nothing but problems with it to the point that I have been using the mobile site. I haven't been getting alerts from the app so there is no difference with using the mobile site. I hope they fix it soon. 

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please uninstall the Facebook application and re-install it to the device. If this does not work, please reset your iPhone ( hold the sleep and home button till you see the apple). Then, re-install the Facebook application and monitor both the application and the device. 

Let us know if this works for you, thank you!

0 Likes
snredrum

I have the same problem, tried the reset and it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There was recently an update to the FB app...if you haven't updated to the newest version give that a try and see if it helps.

0 Likes
snredrum

just tried that.....mine still doesn't work. did the new 4.2.10 download too and tried to redownload the app....still nothing.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if 4.2.9 or 4.2.10 has anything to do with it since I didn't upgrade to either iOS update but I have updated each facebook update available. The one previous to this latest one gave me trouble but I think FB realized the issue pretty quickly because an update was available within 2 days. Have you tried resetting or restarting your phone after deleting the app but prior to redownloading it? Not sure if that will help but it can't hurt.

0 Likes