Re: FamilyBase Companion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hknopik,

We can understand how important it is to keep an eye on your kids. Now, it seems like all kids have smartphones. Here are the instructions with setting your kids devices in the iOS http://vz.to/1lgW8GV . If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to us.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hknopik

I don't understand what part of that link was supposed to tell me how to get the Companion App to work on an iPhone5. Can you give me the quick two sentences in a reply email?

Regards,

Heidi

Sent from my iPhone

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for our confusion, hknopik. Upon further review the FamilyBase Companion App is not compatible with Apple devices. You can still take advantage of the the variety of features that FamilyBase offers for restrictions and blocks available through the website.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
WilliamNKim
Enthusiast - Level 2

The family base companion is great but one flaw it can be uninstalled..
Am i missing something.. Is there a admin lock that can be put on so it cannot be uninstalled on Android devies?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I very much understand and appreciate your concern towards the companion app, WilliamNKim. There is not currently an administration lock that is available on the device to stop the possible removal of the app.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
mama23dogs
Legend

WilliamNKim

This this is why my kids got no argument when they wanted iphones.  Apple parental controls do have administrative locks and can't be uninstalled by the child.

You might look in the play store for a 3rd party app that runs in the background and can't be disabled.  So far, everything I use can be disabled by turning off location services/GPS. 

When my son had an android, I laid out the rules for him. Including prohibiting him from turning off location service.  Penalty for doing so was I would turn off data on his phone at the account level for a month.  I never had to use it for that, but I did for exceeding his data cap. 

Parenting isnt always a joy. 

But my kids are 18 and 20 and I'm proud of how they turned out.  I'm sure you will be also.

0 Likes
Stricklet
Enthusiast - Level 1

The FAQ states that if the app is "uninstalled" I will get notified.  I have not been.notified....but I haven't gotten any updates since she discovered that her "hours of operation" have been restricted.