Feature Request for Verizon Network Extender-Disable Neighbor Table or Exclude other Extenders
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

I have the Verizon Network Extender and IPhones. Is there a way for me to turn off my Network Extender from seeing another Network Extender in the building? I want my calls to go through my network so I can maintain call quality. When my phones wander to my neighbors extender, if they are watching a movie my call quality drops. I have to restart my phone near my Network Extender so it connects there and then verify I am on my Network Extender by typing #48 

This tells me I am on my Extender which I run in Hybrid Mode. I want to disable my Extender from learning about my Neighbor’s extender when it automatically scans for other cell towers. I know the number of the three cell towers that sometimes show up in the neighborhood table in the Network Extender, these are too weak for my phones so they connect to my extender or my neighbors extender. My phone will pick up my neighbors extender ID because it shows in my Network Extenders Neighbor Table. This is a poor design, I should be able to click a box and say “Exclude other Extenders from the Neighbor Table, This way my phone will always connect to my Network Extender and never learn about my Neighbors Network Extender.

I have to restart my Extender to flush out the Neighbor Table which works for awhile.

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request for Verizon Network Extender-Disable Neighbor Table or Exclude other Extenders
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching out to us! I found this information for you:

"You shouldn't connect without dialing #48. Advanced Calling will stop your phone from connecting if your phone has that ability. However, you cannot stop the connection otherwise." 

>Ulises

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request for Verizon Network Extender-Disable Neighbor Table or Exclude other Extenders
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

The #48 only tells the person using the phone if the phone is connected to the Network Extender, if it does not,  the attendant says to move closer to the network extender. This has no impact on the neighbor table in the network extender. The neighbor table shows what cell towers are nearby and if they are a real cell tower (with signal strength) or another extender. 

The feature request is about creating a block on other extenders from being able to show up in my network extender’s neighbor table. I don’t want my network extender to learn about other extenders because then that other extender’s availability and signal strength will get passed down to my cell phone and then my phone’s LTE connection can float over to the other extender when I move around or sit on my porch and then start using my neighbor’s internet connection. I don’t want my call quality affected by my neighbors use of his Internet Connection Bandwidth. I can control what I am doing on my DSL connection while I am using the phone, however if my phone starts using my neighbor’s extender, I cannot,

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Any update on this? 

When will Verizon have an ETA?

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

When will Verizon have an ETA?

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

When will Verizon have ETA on this feature?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. I am sorry that you are not happy with the way the Extender works for your account. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

*Heather

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

I need a new feature, the ability to block other extenders from showing up in my network extender’s neighbor table. It could also simply turn off scanning for all cell towers, since the 3 cell towers near me are too weak to make a decent phone call. I only get one bar. I get 5 bars from my network extender but my iPhone can learn about my neighbor’s extender and I can make calls out of his extender. 

Then I have no control over my call quality because they could watch a movie, or  down load music. I want to restrict my phone to only use my network extender so I can control the call quality.

I live in a rural area so the cell signals are weak and the extender fixes that. I use it Hybrid mode and have had since July 2022. I have a DSL line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Telecom Tech_Extender, 

We can restrict your extender from allow any other access, but we cannot block your phone from picking up that extender. They would have to block other devices from their extender. Can you have them reach out to us https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ to get started?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

With all due respect to Verizon, they will never call you. They can get cable and watch movies through their Internet Connection. 

And I have another open issue/post because Closed Mode doesn’t work for consumers, only Open or Hybrid Modes work. So even if they called Verizon, they cannot setup Closed Mode on their Network Extender. They are not a business customer.

Yes I have the newest Verizon LTE 4G Network Extender with the LCD screen on the front and it is running in Hybrid Mode.

0 Likes