Glitch preventing me from trading in my iPhone XS for a new iPhone 14 Pro
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Long story short a canceled order from almost 2 years ago is still showing my iPhone XS as pending a trade in.  The glitch further shows a iPhone 12 mini  avaialvle for trade that I never owned.  After 10 hours of calls and chats.  No resolution other than submitting an IT ticket and waiting for them to fix it.   I had the retention manager ordered the iPhone and they promised to do a manual update so I get the $800 credit. I was okay with that until they told me to not fill out anything on the form to send in for the trade in.  They would "take care of that" There must be another way.

This is day 16 of this ordeal.  When went to buy the phone they were in stock now best case today is to  Oct 14 ship date. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Glitch preventing me from trading in my iPhone XS for a new iPhone 14 Pro
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

To be more clear.  I expect action or will be sending a very detailed complaint to the FCC and BBB.   I've seen issues cause $100K fines and rather avoid it getting that far. 

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone had suggested I get my local congressman involved.   If I don’t hear from Verizon that’s what I will do. 

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Figures no response from Verizon. You have run out of time.  

0 Likes
Lutezy

Hey, they have a lot going on right now with the new release, so I doubt they have the extra workers to answer comments on here currently. I’ve had trouble getting thru for order issues I’ve had over the past few weeks. It might be worth getting on the Verizon Reddit and seeing if anyone there has any ideas to help you. There seems to be some employees with experience but if you roll in there swinging you probably won’t get the best response. Good luck with your issue! 

0 Likes