Got 3 things...
lutre1ll
Just got my iPhone about 2/1/2 weeks ago and noticed a couple things:
1. I'm not sure I'm receiving all my text messages? I did *228 opt 1, checked cellular data & roaming, shut off and restarted the phone...and I don't think there's been an improvement.
2. The Nike + iPod app, I walk around to activate the sensor and I don't get anything.
3. I was trying to type a website in safari and all of a sudden it went to the black apple screen for a sec, only to get back to my main screen.

Help! I really don't want to go to the hassle of sending this back for a refurbished one, especially when I haven't even had this a full month...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got 3 things...
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3
1. I would verify 100% that you're not getting all your messages, what's happening that you're not? Are people calling asking why you didn't respond?
2. For this I would contact Apple, Verizon won't be able to help with this being an application from the app developer.
3. For this I'd try possibly restoring to factory settings, but before this backup all apps and data in iTunes first. If it continues, they should be able to give you a replacement new phone since you just got the thing if you go to the Verizon store, if they try to give you a refurbished I'd demand a new one or threaten to take your business elsewhere, speak with a manager if you need to and don't let up.
0 Likes
lutre1ll
To do the reset in iTunes, is there a way to back everything up just from my phone? My router for my computer has been out of commission for about a month in a half so I have no way to sync to my PC...
0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have the cable for the phone? If you plug it in by default iTunes should automatically backup your phone's data.  You don't need an internet connection to do this.

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

The Nike + iPod app doesn't work unless you have the device you put in your shoe. You can buy it at the Apple store. They work together.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello lutre 1II,

Congrats on getting an Iphone 4. It's one of my favorite devices! As many of the community members have shared, the Nike + Ipod works with the additional equipment that's needed to put in your shoe. As far as the text messaging issue, what made you question that you wasn't receiving all of your messages?Have you deleted some of your current messaging threads from the device? May I have you send a text message to yourself on your Iphone 4 & post what results you experience. Also, what city and state are you in? I can check for any issues reported in your area. Here are some of the common troubleshooting steps you can try.

1.  Power the device off & back on.

2.  Remove the signature from the text messages. (if applicable)

3.  Verify destination address. (10-digit mobile number recommended)

4.  Verify that there isn't any handset restriction on the device/ (if applicable)

5.  Check available memory

6.  Verify that Usage Controls isn't blocking a particular number. 

Please reply with your results after trying these steps.

Thank you...

0 Likes
lutre1ll
The text was received. I only ask because my bf has tried to send me texts and I haven't received some of them. I dont think any numbers are being blocked, but everything else looks good. I live in Farwell, MI.
0 Likes