Has your 4S suddenly no longer scroll up, down, left or right?
HATJER
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 4S just suddenly started to act weird.

No matter where I press the screen, that object shows up with a line all around it. Then I have to double click it to do that function.

Even when I text message - I press the letter once for the object to show the line all around it, then I have to double click that letter to show up in message.

I cannot scroll through my desktop pages to get to other APPs on current first screen.

Even when I click the Settings icon, I have to touch it to get the line to appear all around it, then double click to open it.

I cannot scroll down to get to other Settings - it only shows availability down to General - which I click to get the line all around it, double click to open and cannot scroll down in there either.

I've tried holding Power button and Manual button to try power reset - but that does not work either. It shows the Slide to Power down but it does not come back on by itself.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you ahead of time if you are able to...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has your 4S suddenly no longer scroll up, down, left or right?
HATJER
Enthusiast - Level 2

AHA!

I was able to call Verizon tech support (on another phone) and get my help.  The tech had me use three fingers to scroll ...

I went to

1. Settings

2. General

3. Scrolled down (using three fingers) to Accessability

4. Voice Over (was set to On)

5. Reset to Off

Voila!!  I was FIXED

I reset the Voice Over yesterday - a hot tip I got if I wanted Siri to read an iBook for me.
When iPhone is on Voice Over - you now are obligated to handle the phone in Manual Mode, if you will. Using three fingers to Scroll and click an APP once to get it ready, then click it twice to open it up, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like some kind of accessibility setting was turned on. Where to change it back is going to have to be answered by someone else because I don't know.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HATJER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

Yes, I thought the same thing. If that is the problem, I am unable to get to it in Settings. I cannot scroll further than General ... thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
HATJER
Enthusiast - Level 2

AHA!

I was able to call Verizon tech support (on another phone) and get my help.  The tech had me use three fingers to scroll ...

I went to

1. Settings

2. General

3. Scrolled down (using three fingers) to Accessability

4. Voice Over (was set to On)

5. Reset to Off

Voila!!  I was FIXED

I reset the Voice Over yesterday - a hot tip I got if I wanted Siri to read an iBook for me.
When iPhone is on Voice Over - you now are obligated to handle the phone in Manual Mode, if you will. Using three fingers to Scroll and click an APP once to get it ready, then click it twice to open it up, etc.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Glad you got it resolved.  And thanks for posting the solution.  Have a great holiday weekend.

0 Likes