Home/Lock scree battery drain iPhone 6 plus
wporter

The hone /lock screen on my iPhone six plus continuously defaults to using 71% of my battery. This is the third time this has  happened on a three week old phone. Is there any way to correct this problem other than the hard reset which erases my data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home/Lock scree battery drain iPhone 6 plus
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you done a restore? You say hard reset but you may need to try a restore. You will have to do this anyway if you try troubleshooting with Apple or Verizon. You may also get quicker help by contacting Apple for support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there wporter. I understand the importance of ensuring your phone is working properly at all times. Allow us to get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Can you share a bit more details with the batterly life concerns you are having. Just to clarify, when you pursh the home/lock key does it then decrease your battry life to 71%? When did this start happening?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have several widgets active on your lock screen? Something is causing it to be your battery hog...

And a hard reset doesn't erase your data....a restore does. But if it is what you need to do to get things working better then it's what you'll need to do. Just make sure you back up everything first. Also something to consider...if you do a restore you might want to do it without restoring to your backup first. Then you can see if there is a difference in your lock screen usage. If you notice a significant difference then you'll know that there is something on your phone in the backup that is causing it (maybe an app or apps that use location and are being used as widgets?).

0 Likes
wporter

I did not push  the home/lock key, and my phone periodically defaults to 71% battery usage for the home lock screen. I double checked and all of my notifications have been turned off. This is the third time that it has happened since I got my phone less than a month ago. I deleted Facebook, Instagram and other apps. No luck. I do not want to have to keep doing a hard reset. Any suggestions? I would like to be able to use more apps on my phone but I am a fraid to do so. Thank you.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you done a restore? You say hard reset but you may need to try a restore. You will have to do this anyway if you try troubleshooting with Apple or Verizon. You may also get quicker help by contacting Apple for support.

0 Likes