Re: Horrible Service
MJ1961
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have had horrible service from Verizon.  I ordered two iPhone 12 pro on 1/11/21 using their chat feature for help.  I said I needed both ones, in two days, one in blue and one black phone.  The agent assured me and I asked multiple times if they were in stock.  Received an affirmative yes.  They agent place the order.  Said they need payment that day and gave me estimated payment moving forward.  The order was placed and a receipt was sent.  I reviewed the receipt and found that the order was incorrect.  Both phones were the same color.  I texted back within 10 minutes because the session had not ended.  I explained the error and was told they were sales and I had to call service when they opened  the following day to correct.  

The following day comes and I am told the waiting time is 5 to 6 minutes.  It was more like 20. I finally get an Agent Austin who after 15 minute of long silences tell me he can’t cancel the order.  It “might” be gone.  He says I must get the phones send them back and then they can send me the correct one.  I tell him I will send back, but don’t want to further postpone, getting the correct phone out, as our phones are not holding any charges.  I explain that he should review the transcribed chat log and can see this was not my error.  I ask him to escalate the call to his manager he says he can’t.  He put me on a number of more long holds and silences and comes back and says he can send me to another dept - Activations that can cancel.  I ask how I can get the correct phone and he say I will need to place another order with “them”. By now we have been on the phone for 1 hr and 3 minutes.  I tell him ok but want him to stay on because I don’t want to go through this all over and no one can assist.  He tells me he can “try” and has explained everything to the dept he is transferring me to.  He says he can only be on a conference call for 3 minutes. He transfer me and is gone!  

Pitched me right over the fence to another agent who has no idea what is happening.  I explain again.  This agent in Activations Steve claims he understand says he will try to cancel. After 35 minutes he tell me he can’t cancel and is trying to call service again.  

Needless to say after 54 minutes and much aggravation I ask if he can have someone call me back.  He says he can only put notes in the system.  

I am trying to understand, I place an order I pay for it. Sales places the order incorrectly I can’t cancel it in less than 10 minutes. I called back the next day, they tell me they can’t cancel the order and I need to wait until it comes in then and they can send me the correct phone, which I ordered in the first place.  Get transferred to someone else who can’t help me, nor will they escalate or give me the name of someone who can.  However they can put notes on the system about my problem just in case some stubbles upon my issue later.  As a loyal customer I am at a loss, appalled.  

I then ask to cancel my account with Verizon, Because at this point I have nothing to lose and may as well go back to Sprint or try AT&T or any provider.  I am not under contract and the service can be no worse than what I am receiving.  I am told that department doesn’t handle this and if he is able to get service to answer they can do this.  What????  I am confused and very upset.  

How do I cancel service, get my money back and never have to deal with Verizon and their poorly trained agents again?   Verizon does an excellent job on allowing customer to make payment very easily and as painless as possible.  However when it comes to a real problem everyone seems to be at a loss on how to resolve without making Verizon’s error become the customers nightmare.  

Who can make this right without me having to get my credit company involved with reversing payment for merchandise I don’t have.  That Nor at this point want?  

Ms Jones 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJ1961-

I am very sorry about the experience with your online order. I want to do everything I can to help and save you from leaving us. Please respond to my Private Note.

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Julieramir
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate verizon!!!!! They can never help me with anything! Drove 40 minutes to the corporate store so I wouldn’t have to deal with anyone on the phone because they can never help me out. Just to find out that I was never getting the teacher discount.I stay on the line for over 1 hour just to be transferred and have to explain everything all over again. Just so she can tell me that she can’t help me. I hate verizon so so much. Ive been with them for over ten years and I’m trying to convince my family to leave this horrible company. Oh and the employees hear your frustration on the phone and crying and all they do is yell at you!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a pretty frustrating experience. I would like a chance to turn this around. Are you set up for getting the teacher discount now?

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes