Horrible reception in the house and spotty reception outside?!
hac3

Our wireless reception is horrible in the house. We cannot hold calls at all. We typically have to dash outside to take/make a call. Even then, the outside reception in the yard tends to be spotty. We have to walk around and watch for bars. We noticed a problem when we moved into the house almost 2 years ago but it seems to be worse now. We have also noticed over the past several months that our phones switch over to 3G when we are on one end of the house. They did not do that in the past so I don't understand what the problem is. It is eating up our data. We do not have a land line and rely on our cells for work purposes. The lack of coverage is a huge frustration that we would like to see resolved. We live in the 23061 area. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible reception in the house and spotty reception outside?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hac3, I can certainly understand how frustrating this can be. We certainly want you to be able to use your service. Is your home area the only place that you are having the issue? You mentioned it wasn't always like this. So when did these issues start? Please share more details. We want to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
hac3

Hello Sir,

I apologize for not responding to your email in a timely manner.I read it, told myself I'd reply later and then promptly forgot. We noticed when we moved into the home in November of 2011 that the reception was not as strong as it was in our previous house. It was possible to answer and make calls at some places throughout the house while other spots would drop the call almost immediately or communication would fail with the person on the other end hearing what we said but us not being able to hear them. We would hang up and try again at another spot in the house.

For the last year, at least, we have noticed that there are now only a couple places in the house that will hold the call for any time at all now. In those couple of places, it is almost impossible to finish a conversation without the line going dead on our end. We then are forced to step out onto the front porch or the back deck to place/answer a call (which is such a pain in the rain and the cold!). This is still not a perfect solution because certain places in these locations also have poor reception and the call will drop. I go outside, watch for the bars to be favorable, place the call or answer and stand as still as possible in hopes that the call won't drop. As you would probably imagine, this is very irritating for us as this is our work and home contact for the entire family.

Any way you could help us would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Holly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details hac3. I'm sorry our control is limited inside a building or structure. I also see some coverage challenges in your zip with overlapping networks(3G/4G/extended). Our best recommendation to boost signal inside your home is the network extender. http://vz.to/IHRT6h

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes