Re: How can I request receipt by IMEI/SN?
airz

Ha-ha yes sure )) As i say go to Ebay and ask iPhone sellers about receipts, almoust all dont have it!!! Nobody keep it! And if iPhone change few hands, where can be receipt? When you sell only iPhone with cable+charger? Or you think all iPhones is stolen and cant be resold?

0 Likes
airz

maybe i dont explaint it correct. All was ok, my doughter creater this email on @icloud.com setup FMI, but she dont know that need to remmember it and forgot. After iOS update iPhone ask email+password, but she forgot it, she only register it to download free games in appstore. But now cant use th iPhone ((

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Think many phones sold on eBay and Craig's list etc, are lost or stolen phones.   Not all of course, but high enough percentage people are ripped off every day.   Original receipt has nothing to do with it.   If it was a reputable used reseller, they would make sure the security measure was off.   The person that sold you the phone did not own it, otherwise he or she would know their AppleID and password to unlock.  they are either a terrible reseller not knowing how to get a phone prepared, or they sold you a lost/stolen phone.   You got ripped. Report it to eBay and try to get your money back.  

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not that I don't believe people sell stolen phones on eBay (I absolutely do believe it but I know plenty of people, including myself sell legit) but if the OP is saying it was owned by more than one person (having a hard time following some of what they are saying) then yes, it's possible that the person they bought from didn't have the original receipt. If they are the person that originally purchased it new then depending on where they bought it from they could show a screenshot of it being purchased. Apple for example...you can view your receipt. Verizon for a certain amount of time. Best Buy. But yeah, something seems a little off.

0 Likes
airz

No, the Phone cames without AppleID, this AppleID register my doughter to install free apps. But she using all time and dont remmember this email, he regiter at @icloud.com and it was only for this iPhone, not as regular email, so she forgot it. And now we cant restore it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Wait...so it's not the owner you need to speak to if your daughter had created the Apple ID and password...and then forgot it. It's your daughter. If that's the case, go to iCloud.com and click "Forgot password" (I think that's the option). If she still has access to the email or set up and alternate email if she signed up for an iCloud email address as the Apple ID then she should be able to reset the email.

airz

I just know that it was purchased in Verizon store, i ask to send me just duplicate i can show my IMEI, but no respond from Verizon ((

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Thing is the receipt of purchase has nothing to do with the problem.  Getting a receipt is not going bypass the lock, nor will Apple unlock the phone with a receipt.   The only thing that will work is the last owner who set up the phone needs to enter his or her info, or remove the phone from his or her iCloud account. 

0 Likes
airz

)) if it was so easy ) she register email on @icloud.com just for that iPhone, and never use that email. And now to reset password she must enter email, but she dont remmember it

0 Likes
airz

I need only receipt, as in Apple support says. I cant reset AppleID becouse my doughter forgot it. Only one way as support say: send duplicate receipt.

0 Likes