How can i receive text messages from Germany
jwachowski

I have an I phone 4S. I need to be able to receive SMS / text messages from Germany, but I can't.  I don't care about sending any I just need to receive them. I know they cost money per text but I don't know if I need an extra plan for that or what I need to do. Can anybody please help me.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can i receive text messages from Germany
rcschnoor
Legend

Receiving international text messages should not cost anything extra than your normal texting plan. Receiving these text messages should not be any different. Sending them is what would be an additional cost for you, not receiving them.

Whether or not you receive them would depend solely on whether or not the sender correctly inputs your number, I would think.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Receiving international text messages should not cost anything extra than your normal texting plan. Receiving these text messages should not be any different. Sending them is what would be an additional cost for you, not receiving them.

Whether or not you receive them would depend solely on whether or not the sender correctly inputs your number, I would think.

0 Likes
jwachowski

They are putting it in correctly that is why I am wondering if I need to change something in my settings or get a global plan or something

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I would be interested in how you have confirmed they are "putting it in correctly"?

If it is because they told you so, simply because they "think" they are "putting it in correctly" does not necessarily mean they are "putting it in correctly".

Have you tried texting them? You may want to try that. If they receive your text, they could try replying to it. If you receive the reply, then it would appear they were not "putting it in correctly".

0 Likes
jwachowski

Country code are code and phone number. It is not rocket science. I was also one the phone with them trying it different format because sometime you have to take a 0 out for the area code. Trust me I know, plus when I was oversees I had a global plan and it worked just fine, but i only had it for the time I was there. That is why I am wondering if I have to keep the global plan to be able to text back and forth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jwachowski,

Germany sounds awesome! I know how important it is to have properly working services especially while traveling. What happens when you attempt to send a text message? Are your voice calls working? Did we activate your sim card prior to leaving for international use http://vz.to/17KseUf ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Garci1031

Well that was condescending and not at all helpful. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes