How can i reduce resolution on youtube on iPhone6?
Peter_Twede

My special needs son loves to watch youtube, and yes that eats tons and tons of data usage for sure. I have already disabled safari and installed Opera Mini to void the buffer that comes as default when watching a video. I have a youtube app installed and chose non HD material. But can i reduce resolution as a default as well? need to cut the resolution way down still able to watch and listen, but without being a datahog on the network and on my dime.

I dont want to take away the videos as it is his recreation, on schoolbus and on other outings, yet it also secures me a way to track him through using find my iphone app so i can always know where he is.

Just a drastic data reduction for youtube videos is what i really want.

We currently run 40-60 GB per month so it is a bit too expensive...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can i reduce resolution on youtube on iPhone6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have two children myself and I truly understand your need to minimize your data usage without sacrificing your son's entertainment Peter. Youtube is third party application and our support is limited to install and uninstall. However, I have personally used some techniques to save on my data usage with my kids, while allowing them to enjoy some videos. First, I ensure that WiFi is always on so that when they enter a free WiFi network area the phones automatically connect to WiFi and stop using cellular data. Additionally, I have downloaded some videos to the phones while connected to WiFi, and have them watch those videos without connecting to cellular data. I hope that you find these recommendations useful.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes