How come my phone dials without anyone sending call.plus screen goes black,during calls.
MaryElizabeth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone know why and how to stop this.Plus don't get an I Phone 5 if you live in the country,metal roofs,shop or work where there is a metal roof.Mine is the worst phone ever had and Verizon won't admit my problems. This is the way to treat customers?? Plus when I make calls others can't hear me. I have always had cells but never I Phone had no problems before.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How come my phone dials without anyone sending call.plus screen goes black,during calls.
Not applicable

well the screen goes black because there is a tiny sensor at the top that blacks out the screen during the call to save battery life. its made to work that way.

Pocket dialing is caused by hitting the on switch more than once or by pocket pressure or purse pressure on the control button. this also is common in all makes of cell phones. Put the phone in lock mode and this should take care of it.

The iphone is a great device I love mine and you have to give it a chance. if its been less than 14 days just return it to the store and get a different one.

Good Luck

Re: How come my phone dials without anyone sending call.plus screen goes black,during calls.
Not applicable

Oopps I have read where you said it black on your desk (Screen) in that case I would say you have the screen set to shut down in your settings menu. You can go to http://www.apple.com and download or read your manual to fix that or the manual is included on your phone, just open it up to view the different settings.

Your reception problem is due to the location of the iphones antenna of which at the Apple site check out the help forums and see if there is a solution to your issue or issues.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaryElizabeth, I regret to see that you're not enjoying your iPhone 5. Some phones may have better signal than others in the same place. This is part of the reason why we have the 14 day worry free guarantee. You can try out the phone in the places you use it most, to make sure it will work out for you.

For the issues that you're having, do you have a case on your phone that may be covering the microphone? If so, try removing it to see if people can hear you. As Elector said, the screen goes black during calls to save battery, but also to prevent you from accidentally ending the call. Just move the phone away from your face and it should light up. On longer calls, you may need to press the Home or Lock button to wake up the screen. Also, is the phone only calling out while in your purse or pocket? Having a password can also prevent this.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes