How do I activate my new phone outside of USA?
miecoolo

I had my phone stolen in Vietnam and now I'm in South Korea until the 23rd.

I needed a new phone ASAP, but South Korean mobile system uses the GSM, while verizon uses CDMA.

Since I was happy with Verizon's service, I decided to stay loyal and ordered the phone, had it shipped to my friend's place and have him send it to Korea for me.

And all the while, I made sure I talked to a several support representatives and they all confirmed that I am able to activate my phone here in Korea. Two of them asked their supervisor and confirmed on this. They also said *611 will not charge me for international fees. (I wanted to make sure so I had all the chat transcripts sent to my email and ridiculously, none of them were sent. I don't even know why they have that button up in that window)

Fastfoward to today when I received my phone. I was still a bit afraid to disable my airplane mode as my service plan does not include the global coverage and I didn't want to get bombed with ridiculous charges. I talked to a customer representative, as I couldn't activate it over internet because it says "Pending Order". Then she says it's impossible to activate my phone outside of the US.

This is so infuriating as I need to use this phone ASAP. Please let me know if there's a way to activate this phone. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I activate my new phone outside of USA?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Sorry your phone was stolen. I do not beleieve the new phones can be manually programmed, do you wont be able to activate it. Maybe send it back to your friend, have them activate it then send it back to you.

Best wishes

0 Likes
Re: How do I activate my new phone outside of USA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi miecoolo,

I am saddened your phone was stolen! As a consumer, I realize conflicting information can be frustrating. Devices can only be activated on our Network. In an effort to provide you with the next best step, please contact our Global Support Team: 908-559-4899. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

0 Likes