How do I bypass envelope information in voicemails?
runandwrite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to find a way to listen to my voicemails without first having to listen to the very long, slow, recitation of envelope information. Some posts claim you can do this while logged into voicemail through personal options, but this is false. Once I hit 4 for personal options, my only options are to change my password (1), personal greeting (3), or language (5). Pressing (2) for administrative options just gets me an "invalid response" message.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I bypass envelope information in voicemails?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voicemail on the iPhone is through the Apple server and would likely have different options than voicemail handled by the Verizon servers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bill, I completely agree that listening to the envelope information is a hassle, especially with someone like me who has several saved voice messages in my inbox. Unfortunately there is not a way to disable this feature, as it is an inherent feature of the inbox. However, there is a workaround, which is to set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone. It is free to use and allows you to select and listen to your messages via the touchscreen and not have to call in and listen to the envelope greeting. You can find detailed instructions on how to use visual voicemail here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202695/

Please let us know if this option works for you!

ColinH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cacijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Android Samsung phone Galaxy J36v, not an i-phone.  How can I change 'my' lonnnng Voice intro?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CACITOO wrote:

I have Android Samsung phone Galaxy J36v, not an i-phone. How can I change 'my' lonnnng Voice intro? Thank you!

Turn off the envelope information using the instructions based on your location. Voicemail Instructions | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TMCKEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/VM_Instructions_3.pdf

Instead of pressing 1 to listen, press 4 for personal options, then 2 for admin options, 4 then 2, you'll be prompted to enter 1 or 2 to turn on/off envelope info.

TADA...

D_Yaconis

dirt like this makes me want to get another carrier.

0 Likes