How do I found out what my ETF is if I'm not the account manager?
SamDip

My husband and I are currently on a plan with another family member and she is the account manager. We have been trying to get out of our contracts for months but the account manager has been giving us excuses about why we can't disconnect our lines cause her bill will get more expensive. I just have a feeling she is lying to us so someone ple

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I found out what my ETF is if I'm not the account manager?
rcschnoor
Legend

The ETF for a smartphone starts at $350 and drops $10 for each month of your contract you complete. The ETF for a basic phone would be exactly half of the ETF for a smartphone.

You can dial #upg from your phone to determine when you are eligible for an upgrade. This is also your contract end date and your contract started 2 years prior to your contract end date.

One thing to keep in mind, IF the account owner used the upgrade for your line to purchase a new phone that they instead used for their line or some other purpose, you have no way of knowing. If your contract end date sounds out of whack with when you purchased your phone, THIS may be the case. They MAY be telling you the truth for the ETF amount, but it is not necessarily the ETF for when YOUR phone was purchased.

Regardless, THEY are the one on the hook for the ETF, not you, and if you feel they are not being completely forthcoming, you have no obligation to reimburse them for the ETF.

0 Likes