How is that possible?
tevb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been with Verizon since 2004.  This is the first time that I can honestly say that I am disappointed with the company.  I preorded two telephones on 09/12.  I placed the order over the phone, and this begins my drama.  I upgrade one line to the 6 on a new 2 year agreement.  The second line, I upgrade via EDGE to the 6+.  I get an email that the order shipped with delivery on the 19th.  I look at FEDEX and see the weight of my package seemed to be for one phone.

I call VZW on the 18th to find out the Rep who took the order, completed the order for the 2 year  agreement.  He did not completed the the EDGE upgrade, which I cannot get a real answer on why.  So the Rep suggested I go to the store on the 19th to get the 6+.  I was number 2 in line  just for the Reps in the store to say we have no 6+ in stock.

My issue with VZW is this, I find it hard to believe that they had no idea that the majority of Corporate Stores would not have the 6+ on launch day.  I went ahead on the 19th and preordered in the store. I have read in this forum that customers who ordered well after the 19th are receiving their devices.  How is that possible?

I am not going to go as far as to say I am leaving VZW.  It is not that serious.  I just feel that if VZW would have been more forthcoming, mainly for those of us who camped out to be denied the 6+, we would not feel screwed.  The waiting game is a killer.  I think it would have been less painful if VZW would have somehow warned us of the in store of the  launch day shortage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How is that possible?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

tevb I know it sucks to not have your phone.  But the Internet was swarming with stories prior to launch day clearly saying that it would be nexit to impossible to find a 6+ anywhere. Some people lucked out...but I would have camped out at and Apple Store rather than a VZW store if I wanted any chance at having the new device.

0 Likes
Re: How is that possible?
tevb
Enthusiast - Level 3

True.  I was really hoping that they would have a few in the store.  A rep even asked in line around 7 lauch day, what phones are you here for.  We tell him the 6+.  He repsonds you'll love it, then the same Rep says we do not have them.  It is that right there that gets me.

0 Likes