How to use a sim free unlocked iPhone 8 with existing family plan?
ALLRELATIVE1105
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi

I am getting an iPhone 8, sim free, unlocked, as gift. I have an iphone 5 and a family plan with Verizon. What do i need to do to use this new iPhone 8 on the same line replacing the iPhone 5? How much does it cost? can i do this at a Verizon store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to use a sim free unlocked iPhone 8 with existing family plan?
rcschnoor
Legend

First, make sure the information on your old phone is backed up. Next, after you turn off your iPhone 5 take the SIM card out of it and put it into your new iPhone 8. Turn on the iPhone 8 and follow the instructions. This should activate your new phone to your number. You should not see any cost for this on your bill.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First, make sure the information on your old phone is backed up. Next, after you turn off your iPhone 5 take the SIM card out of it and put it into your new iPhone 8. Turn on the iPhone 8 and follow the instructions. This should activate your new phone to your number. You should not see any cost for this on your bill.

0 Likes
ALLRELATIVE1105
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you rcschnoor. Then I assume i can get a new verizon nano sim card for the iPhone 5, to replace an existing flip phone on the same family plan. How do i do this? thank you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can call CS to ask them to mail one to you or stop by a corporate Verizon store and pick one up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to get your iPhones activated properly and I can definitely help with making sure this happens. As rcschnoor mentioned, you can call customer service (800-922-0204) or refer to a corporate Verizon Wireless store location to obtain a free SIM card for your iPhones. The following link will help you find the closest store near you http://vz.to/2bouMjv I have also provided a link of FAQ's about Verizon Cloud to back up your device's content http://vz.to/2bIS4OY Does this help?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes