I have a white flickering screen which causes the touchscreen to be unoperable
JZ65
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Apple 6 plus now has a on and off again white flickering screen, and I can't use the touchscreen at all. Plus the phone starts to open apps on the screen. It has called a pizzeria from the phone list, texted friends gibberish, etc. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a white flickering screen which causes the touchscreen to be unoperable
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Never experienced this. What have you done for troubleshooting? Reset/reboot. Restore to factory if all else fails. If still under warranty contact Apple for assistance...may be a faulty screen or some other hardware issue. Have you had any liquid damage that you are aware of?

Re: I have a white flickering screen which causes the touchscreen to be unoperable
JZ65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have rebooted the phone several times to no avail. I have not dropped the phone in any liquid, nor the toilet bowl, but exposed to the everyday elements as everyone else. It has been in a case since day one as well.I tried the bowl of rice trick, hoping that if it was a moisture issue, the rice would dry it out, to no avail. I haven't restored it to factory settings, yet. I will try that next.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hopefully that will help. Liquid damage can occur with any phone without being dropped in anything. Rain can cause it of course although it takes getting some inside of the ports...condensation is also a culprit. I mentioned it though because if you have experienced any liquid damage then any warranty you may have left (if any) would be voided by it unless you have AppleCare+ coverage or an insurance plan that covers damage.

0 Likes