I just ported my iPhone 8 from AT&T to Verizon. Now I cannot receive iMessage 2-Step Verification from my investments site.
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just ported my iPhone 8 from AT&T to Verizon. Now I do not receive 2-Step Verification on iMessage from my investments site. I do not want to turn off 2-step ver, but why can't Verizon figure out why this happens?

This is not a new problem. I have seen this question in 2020. I spent the better part of a half-hour on-line with Verizon and did a reset of my phone, but the problem still exists.

Charles W Kincade
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just ported my iPhone 8 from AT&T to Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to the 2-step verification process is a must, especially nowadays. I am a consumer too and use it all the time. Let's work together and make sure you receive that message. Does this happen with other applications? Did you bring that phone over from another carrier or just the phone number?

~Gina

0 Likes
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Gina, yes, I brought the whole kit & caboodle from AT&T to Verizon. We brought 2 iPhone 8a NS 1 IPad Air 2s with IOS 15.6.1. We ported our phone numbers as well.

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Boy, Gina, my fingers are getting old - 2 iPhone 8, and 2 iPad Air 2 .

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me how long ago did you port your numbers over? 

-Rodney

0 Likes
CharlesKincade43
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 20 August, last weekend.

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gina, or any other vzw_customer_support person,  would love to work with someone to figure out the cause and a solution to this problem. I found this problem in messages in this Community as far back as 2019. Does Verizon Customer Support understand the serious issue this problem entails? Have they not devoted some effort into solving it?

I switched from AT&T on 20 August, 2022, and I've had this problem since we ported my phone over to Verizon. 

I spent the better part of a half-hour Chatting with a CSR and all we accomplished was resetting my phone, and that didn't accomplish anything. That's the longest time that I have worked with anybody at Verizon on this problem.

I'm definitely on board if there is something I can do. I have seen references in other messages that it occurs with the port from AT&T to Verizon, although, I saw a post from a user who was having difficulty receiving a Verification value from Facebook. I receive other iMessage messages from friends and family.

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes
CharlesKincade43
CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, but I mentioned the wrong date. I changed services on 16 Aug 2022.

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CharlesKincade43, we've sent you a private message to assist with any unresolved port/activation for your iPhone 8. Thank you.  - Alan

CharlesKincade43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Alan, I was on the phone with Online Support at my bank and my investment company most of the morning. I asked about the Short Code - the bank CSR didn't know what it was. The Investment co CSR said she knew what it was but didn't share it with me. Neither person could figure out why we don't get Verification Codes, but they said they will get back to me this week.

Charles W Kincade
0 Likes