I just want to buy a phone
cepros

I am trying to buy an iPhone 8.  I currently have a 5S, and I get service through Verizon, but the phone is not part of the annual upgrade program.  I go to the iPhone 8 page, I click "next step," sign in as an existing customer, and choose "replace or upgrade," and it just takes my to my Verizon account page.  Then I go back to the iPhone 8 page, click "next step," and it takes me to a page titled "Express Checkout" but the page is blank except for the Verizon menu at the top.

I have now tried to buy this stupid phone over 3 different devices (Mac, Chromebook, HP), using 3 different browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari), and it's all the same.  I'm pretty sure that the problem is not on my end, but am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just want to buy a phone
rcschnoor
Legend

Just buy it from Apple and choose the unlocked version. If you purchase the Verizon version, you will have to pay a $40(possibly $30, not sure) upgrade fee. If you purchase the unlocked version, you won't have to pay the upgrade fee. The only difference is that the Verizon version comes with a SIM card for the new phone. You can instead use the SIM card which is currently in your 5S in order to not pay the upgrade fee. Personally, I don't think that SIM card is worth the upgrade fee.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: I just want to buy a phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always exciting getting a new phone, and I want to make sure that process is as easy as possible for you. Let's work together to get your upgrade done and get that phone in your hands as soon as possible. Please reach us via this link and we will be able to assist: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

0 Likes