Re: I think it would be helpful to have a Thread where everyone can report which 6 they ordered and what date they received to help others that are waiting
laffnvegas
Contributor - Level 1

The bad part about this is I am not sure what to trust there are some that got that same email about the shipping date being pushed back to 11/7 yet got the iconic S and a Fed Ex shipping number. My status shipping date has not changed and still shows 11/3. If the email was bogus and it will ship 11/3 I will be thrilled if not then why not have everything updated. It is like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I would really like a straight truthful answer.

0 Likes
Re: I think it would be helpful to have a Thread where everyone can report which 6 they ordered and what date they received to help others that are waiting
tdigats27
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was my theory, too!   However, I just picked up my phone from the local Apple store!  It did take one call from me and two from the apple rep to get the incompetent clowns at verizon to cancel my pending order so that they could get me set up.  Good luck, Laffnvegas; hopefully yours will ship this weekend.  I know they do ship on weekends as my wife's phone was processed on a Saturday, shipped that night, and she received it Tuesday. 

0 Likes
SpoiledRotten77
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: I just so happened to stop in a Best Buy in my local mall.  They have my 6 gold but 128 instead of 64 and I doing the Verizon edge. So I will be canceling my order with Verizon. I was told November 3 but I don't trust that.....

0 Likes
Anděl

I couldn't wait any longer. Looked up the local Apple Store where the 128 6+ SG was in stock. Now it is activated so no more waiting for Verizon to delay again. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
laffnvegas
Contributor - Level 1

I want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread, it has been two weeks since I started this and so many of you shared the same excitement, anticipation and emotions about our order through Verizon. Yesterday for me was also the final straw. Today I called Verizon and point blank asked if they had any clue as to when my phone would be shipped. I had ordered on Oct 3rd the 6 Plus 64 GB Silver. When Verizon iconic stated it would ship Monday 11/3 yet the email stated it was pushed back to 11/7 the Verizon Rep admitted that they truly did not know when they would come in and if I could find what I wanted somewhere else that would be a good choice because she felt the 11/7 date also would change. I had to work today so when I got off at 4pm I had found on idevicechecker.com that the Best Buy Mobile Store not drastically far away had the 64 plus in gold. While not Silver once a cover is on it, it basically looks the same. They had one remaining from what they got in yesterday afternoon. They could not place a hold but I got there fairly quickly and was able to purchase it. They actually stated they had done several cancel of the orders and sales. The transaction went quite smooth with doing the converting of my precious Edge program to the new one, they canceled the old order, then processed the new. SO I am now a Proud New Owner of a Gold  6 Plus 64 Smiley Happy

I wish every one lots of luck and total enjoyment of your new phone once you get it. I will stop back in to see how everyone is doing. 

giants10kyle
Contributor - Level 1

Congrats laffnvegas!!! I'm glad you found one!!!

Karavicious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrats on getting your phone!

My phone is in Chicago as of this morning! I'm hoping that means I'll get it tomorrow instead of Tuesday since I live a half hour outside of Chicago.

rasp727
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrats to everyone who has received their phone or their phone has shipped.  I still think it's ridiculous that they had their little stamp on the order screen saying "Will Ship by Oct 31" and then it doesn't.  To me, that amounts to a guarantee that they didn't back up.  But will we see any restitution for it?  No.  They will continue to say one thing and do another.  This is the last time I buy any devices through Verizon.  I'm tired of getting different answers every time I contact them. 

FYI, I got the Friday night email saying it has been moved from Oct 31 to Nov 10, but all the info on order status updates using my 16 digit "iconic" number still say Oct 31. 

0 Likes
Lomalazuri
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if you have to buy the phone from Verizon in order to get the $200 trade in promo?  I see that my Apple store has my phone and if I don't have to worry about that I am just going to go get it there.

0 Likes
rasp727
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess you could buy another one and then sell either the new one or the one you just bought on a site like glyde.  A quick search for the type I ordered lists a market price of $676 right now.  Of course, seller beware.

0 Likes