IPHONE TRADE-IN PROGRAM IS A RIP OFF?
LeviLyndon

So I saw the trade in program on-line for the Iphone 6, naturally I thought this is a great deal but it is to good to be true.... boy was I right! Last night I recieved my gift card for $36. Before I went through with this program I took my phone to my near by verizon store to ensure that my phone would be able to recieve the $200 I was quoted. The nice representative at the store over looked the physical condition of my phone and replied that it was good. She then checked to make sure that all software and data on my phone worked properly... it did. Lastly she observed the battery life of my phone and said "Looks good". Well becasue of her overwhelming assurance that I would recieve $200, or close too, I decided to continue on with the program. BIG MISTAKE! So back to my $36 gift card. Upon recieving this gift card I called and asked why so low. I had followed all of the instructions that were given to me. The customer service representative then contacted a person from the recycling department. As we are this "3 way" call I politely asked again "Why so low." She stated that my battery was completely dead! I WAS USING THE PHONE 5 SECONDS BEFORE I REICEVED MY IPHONE 6! As well as having the in-store representative looking it over and making sure the battery was good. She said that she would start an investigation and hopefully would be able to figure out what the problem is, which I do greatly appreciate. They are supposed to contact me within 5-7 buisness days and boy I am gitty with excitment to see what they have to say. I am a member of the Armed Forces and will be leaving, for awhile, in the next 10 days but I went to my JAG office today and asked that if this problem wasn't fixed is their anything that we could do. He of course assured me that we could and that the DOD does not take kindly to this sort of stuff. He said that we may not be able to get my money back but that they would definelty be able to take this up the chain and that we would be able to put out an official memorandum to the post (and there is alot of verizon customers on this post, hundreds of thousands) warning Soldiers of the potential loss of money that they could recieve if using this program. We are waiting for the pending "investigation" results to be forwarded back to me from Verizon. Hopefully they do the right thing and this doesn't need to persist but if it does... I will love to see what happens when they step into the world of having to battle with the DOD. Good luck to anyone else having the same problem and I would love to hear from one person who owned an Iphone 4S that did recieve $200 from their trade-in. Because I would like to know what insanly extreme precautions and measures they took to ensure their phone stayed in the condition to recieve that $200. MINE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A SCRATCH ON THE SCREEN!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPHONE TRADE-IN PROGRAM IS A RIP OFF?
FFKW

At least you got $36 , I have been waiting 5 weeks and have not heard anything,(called 3 times).  No question in my mind, I feel Verizon is flat out ripping us off.   

0 Likes