IPhone 6 selecting things by itself
Bree_2609

ok so i have had these issues since I had the phone but restarting seemed to help for the rest of the day. However here recently it has become much worse, I have had to restart it 6 times just today and it is still opening apps on its own selecting its own letters pretty much doing what it wants. This has become quite annoying as it is hard to do anything on the phone. I have cleaned the screen reset it everything and nothing is working to resolve this. Is my device just defective or is there something I can do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 6 selecting things by itself
Blondey1

I Too am having issues that are similar. After update it got worse. One email always has error yet my iPad doesn't have any of these issues. That leads me to believe that it is the phone. U can try to text or post and screen jumps to something else or just starts randomly typing letters. I have turned off wiped down everything both my iPad and iPhone 6 plus are the latest iPad is fine. The Touch ID on phone wasn't working so I redid and it takes a while to let u in. The screen darkens before u have access. I am giving it one more day before I go to verizion store, so frustrating I am afraid the wrong info will go to someone it's not suppose to. So can these phones get some kind of virus? Maybe that could be causing issue

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Assuming you haven't altered your phone it shouldn't have a virus. There could be a hardware failure. If you are near an Apple Store you can stop by to have them check it out. Or you can contact Support for them to troubleshoot it. This is all assuming you have done the basics that they will ask you to do (reset and restore). You can also have VZW troubleshoot but honestly I would go through Apple. This is also assuming you haven't had any liquid damage that may be causing a hardware failure. Can't say that I've ever experienced any of these issues on my 6 plus or on the 6 I had before hand

0 Likes
Blondey1

No liquid damage and i have all updates shutdown resets redid fingerprint. I just cant believe one day fine next i am typing same thing four times and still unable to post or send message. Thank you i will take in tomorrow. This response took two tries. Usually i just grab ipad. Oh and the error on yahoo mail on phone but not on ipad. So weird thanks again

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I see that you have reset but have you done a full restore? They will likely ask you about that because it's one of the troubleshooting steps. Either way, hope they can figure out what's going on and get things back working for you

0 Likes
Ibgd
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was happening to me and i contacted Apple about it as well as VZ. In essence, they told me it sounded like a software issue. If it got worse after an update, it is because the update didn't update properly. They will ask you to back up the device and restore it to factory defaults. Then perform updates and add back your apps. If issue persists, factory reset and no apps to see if can duplicate. Then add back apps one at a time to isolate which app is the culprit.

Personally, I HATE that every Apple fix centers around factory resetting everything. They obviously not the ones reloading all the apps back to their correct location.

Best of luck with getting this resolved! 🙂

0 Likes