If I ordered the iPhone 5s just after 3:01 am here on the east coast, is the 9/24 ship date real?
PeterAggs

Does it make a difference if I ordered the phone at 3:05 and let's say another person that ordered at 8am? Is shipping based on who ordered the phone first?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: If I ordered the iPhone 5s just after 3:01 am here on the east coast, is the 9/24 ship date real?
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

mine says the same thing so i would like to know the answer to this as well. however i am pretty sure that it is first come first serve...if you got your order in at 3am EST, your ship date would be 9/24. i checked again around 6am, most ship dates had moved to 10/07 or 10/14 for those people ordering at that time. so the time that you placed your order should dictate your ship date as my confirmation still says 9/24.

0 Likes
Re: If I ordered the iPhone 5s just after 3:01 am here on the east coast, is the 9/24 ship date real?
bb_fresh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've talked to a TON of verizon reps over the past two days about this. For those who got lucky enough to preorder the 5S early on 9/20 (I secured one at 12:04 pacific), the phone should ship *BY* the 24th, at least according to my preorder confirmation. When I called early this morning the rep said that the ship dates hadn't been posted yet (this was at 5 am). It looks like things have been updated since. In my case, I still haven't received a tracking confirmation email or even a tracking number.... BUT my preorder status has finally changed from "order is being processed" to "will ship by the 24th." I think it's still considered a pre-order, but at least it's a sign things are moving forward.

Kind of the long way of answering that, but yes, if your original preorder confirmation says it'll ship by the 24th, it's a safe bet that it WILL ship by then. I'm no verizon rep though, so no promises there.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Yup mine say will ship by 24th and my card has been charged.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

hmm. mine hasn't been charged yet. but it's a mastercard and sometimes that takes a bit to post. right now just a temporary authorization.

0 Likes
bb_fresh
Enthusiast - Level 2

....and it looks like there's a twist to the shipping dates. Apparently Verizon will only be shipping the 16GB models by the 24th. Everyone else waits until October 😕

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/11486/20130921/iphone-5s-now-available-verizon-sprint-att.htm

0 Likes
Pizzle2009

This is fortunately not the case. I got my gold 32 order in at 11:57 PM pst and confirmation received at 12:00 AM pst. Today my card was charged and a receipt for my order appeared under "my documents and receipts" on my verizon. So first wave orders will be received this coming week.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

yippee, i just looked at my documents and receipts and i have one in there too Smiley Happy it does say fedex 2 day, so if it ships BY 9/24, i could have it wednesday or thursday at the latest. still ***** since all the verizon reps originally told me they would ship out 9/20 and i could select overnight shipping, neither option was available. but at least i am not waiting 2+ weeks or into october for it. the receipt says 9/21 so that must mean it was charged sometime today.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Pizzle2009

Awesome! And I'm thinking they will ship out Monday, as Verizon obviously have the phones in their warehouses, so Wednesday should be the day! Ahhh so excited! And reporters said getting gold would be impossible! Haha

0 Likes
bb_fresh
Enthusiast - Level 2

*Phew* That's reassuring. Everyone seems to have a different view about it. I've chatted with several Verizon folks today and there's still an air of uncertainty in general. I've heard so many conflicting opinions and assumptions. According to another rep, the first batch of phones are being picked up this evening for shipping. I'm obviously stoked, but I'm a little skeptical. I'm not sure who/what to believe anymore. I think at this point the safest bet it to just keep a close eye on my Verizon inbox, and wait (im)patiently until the shipping notification finally comes through.

Speaking of which, has anyone received any shipping notifications yet?

0 Likes