Re: Impossible to Cancel Trade-In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After reopening the previous ticket, our IT team has informed me that they have removed this device again.  Please notify us if this issue still occurs.  Thank you.-Sean

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still am not able to select my device to trade-in on a new order. It still shows my previous trade-in as active. 

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to let you know that I've tried again this morning, and I am still having the same issue. The trade-in submission still shows that the trade-in has been "initiated" and not "canceled". When I try to complete a new order, the device is not listed as one that is available to trade-in. I've had several people try to cancel this before now, assuring me that it has been canceled, only to find out that it still has not. 

Here is what I think has happened. When I canceled my order, the trade-in did not cancel with it. Somehow this trade-in is still tied to that order, and there is something technical in the coding that is preventing the trade-in from being canceled because it is still tied to the order and the order is already canceled. I believe this is going to take someone very skilled in IT to fix the coding in the background.

Regardless, I am still unable to complete a new order with this device selected as my trade-in. Help is still needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have not given up, mdbpitchick. We appreciate your efforts and we are here to help. By chance, do you happy to have screenshots of the error messages you're receiving?  -Lorenzo

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I've attached 2 screenshots. The first one is of the submission ID for the trade-in that shows it was initiated on September 25. There is also a button that says "Cancel Trade-In" that does not work. This was the first thing that I tried to do before contacting the first time back at the beginning of October, and I get an error that says "Locked Location-Order-Device combination not found".  I've included that on the screenshot as well.

The second screenshot is the page that shows what it looks like when I try to confirm my trade-in eligibility after selecting a new phone to purchase. The device I want to trade in is an iPhone XR. That device is not listed as eligible for trade in. 

mdbpitchick_1-1636734010187.png

mdbpitchick_0-1636734557096.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. Please allow us a moment and we will be with you shortly! Do not respond as this may cause delays with receiving a return message. One moment.-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These screenshots help. I want to ensure that we don't overlook any options to turn this around. Since you are receiving the error message, have you tried using a different device or web browser to submit the trade-in?  Have you also tried to clear the cookies and cache of your web browser?  -Lorenzo

0 Likes
mdbpitchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've tried doing this on three different devices multiple times since October 2nd. My cache/cookies has also been cleared several times. I do not believe that is the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into this with you, please send us a Private Note. *Gen

0 Likes
THAiLU71

We should bring this out more to public, so everyone is aware of these lies

0 Likes