Iphone 5 update to IOS 7, now visual voice mail does not work
Jeffery25

I updated my Iphone 5 today to ios 7 and when it was done I noticed that when I went into the phone app and tapped on the voice mail icon it immediately dialed into voice mail.  Visual voice mail was not there.  I looked into some forums and turned on/off airplane mode, turned the phone off and on and reset network settings but it did not work.  How can I get Visual Voice Mail working for ios 7

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 update to IOS 7, now visual voice mail does not work
Bobehm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.

zona
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue and found a fix!!!

I called my iPhone 5 from my business land line and ignored the call. Left myself a really quick voicemail and BOOM, it showed up my iPhone 5, along with visual voicemail and everything!!!!

BScearce

I had the same issue and found an answer. Go to Settings> phone > change voicemail password. Don't change your password, but enter your password and confirm it. After  I did that it fixed itself.

0 Likes
BrianHMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I tried resetting my phone, re-entering my voicemail password, changing my voicemail password (both on the phone and on Verizon's website), leaving myself a voicemail message...nothing seems to work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Bobehm,

I absolutely love the new iOS 7 update. It brings a whole new dimension to Apple devices. Let's make sure your visual voicemail continues to run on the new software.

Are you able to access other data applications successfully such as Safari? Are you having a similar issue where if you hit the visual voicemail icon it just auto dials your voicemail? Have you tried leaving yourself a voicemail as suggested by zona?

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gertrudelee
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I go to the reset password on my iPhone settings it just says saving but doesn't go through. I also had someone call and leave me a message. I still haven't received a notification that it was left.

JohnKaminski
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue for me and none of the suggested fixes are working.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrianHMB,

Well, that's the weirdest thing. Good thing we're on the scene now. First, when you say you reset the phone do you mean a soft reset (restarted the phone) or hard reset (completely wipe the phone)? Also, are all of the other apps working flawlessly? No known issues have been reported but we'll do our due diligence here.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Khelp
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter and I are having the same problem.  We are a family of 6 iPhone users.  Five of us have updated and two of the three are having this problem.  No visual voicemail at all.  Reset my password via a phone call to verizon, called and left a message that is not even showing up, tried changing and/or retyping in same password.  Will not save just seems to freeze. Please help!

0 Likes