Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Iphone 5S - SIM free
Maggslo

Long story short, I have a line on a verizon account that is not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. The phone on that line is broken and there was no insurance on the line.

I am going to buy an iPhone 5s through the apple store, but I have a question before I buy it. If I were to buy the unlocked SIM-free (which requires a GSM-compatible SIM) would I be able to activate it and get a Verizon SIM card through the store? Would this be any extra charge?

Thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5S - SIM free
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Maggslo, Yikes. Sorry to hear about the state of your current device. I would be very lost with out my cell phone. You would always be able to take the device into any of our Verizon Wireless Corporate Store locations and get a new sim card for free. You can always locate the nearest corporate store location by following this link: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Buddairtouch
Enthusiast

Along a similar line of thought I purchased  sim cardless iphone 5s so that I could apply a newly purhased FlirOne IR attachment. I did not need to upgrade my phone at the time so no line was needed.

When I want to add a device can I acquire a sim card for this device and transfer one of my lines to it or perhaps add it as another line?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Buddairtouch

Great question! When you are ready, you will be able to walk into a Verizon store and receive a sim card at no charge.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes