Iphone 7 Plus recent call list saved by verizon or Apple?
justinkla8

I recently (October 23rd) got/setup a brand new iPhone 7 P and chose to setup as new as opposed to transferring content from my old iphone 6.  I noticed that my call history was populated on the brand new phone -all calls since October 1st.  Is this something Verizon does? I did not restore any call logs or icloud /iTunes backups

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 7 Plus recent call list saved by verizon or Apple?
Weth
Legend

Apple.

I believe this is a function of using the same AppleID as your last phone (which is logical) and having the Handoff feature turned on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

We hope you are enjoying your new phone so far, justinkla8. Let’s take a closer look into the call log. When setting up the phone as new, it would not restore any content from a previous backup. Verizon does not have the ability to restore your call log unless you downloaded the Verizon Cloud. Have you downloaded any other cloud apps or the Verizon Cloud? Did you log in using the same Apple id and password that was used with your previous device?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justinkla8

Verizon Cloud has not ever been used.  The phone was setup as a brand new phone.  No other cloud apps have been downloaded. and yes, the same apple ID and password as the old device.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Apple.

I believe this is a function of using the same AppleID as your last phone (which is logical) and having the Handoff feature turned on.

0 Likes