Iphone keeps saying "searching." Got a new SIM and new phone. Still searching
cda555

I have had my iphone 5 since November and it has been perfect.  Then, a week or so ago the phone started to say "searching" at random times.  It goes from searching, to no signal, to LTE.  At first I thought it was a little annoying, but it kept doing it.  When my mom texted "911 call me" I couldn't call her back for about 3 minutes until my signal came back.  That is when I decided to take it to the VZ store.  We went through the troubleshooting steps of updating the OS, resetting the Network settings, taking the SIM out and putting it back in.  It was still doing it the next day so I took it back to the store and they game me a new SIM.  After that, the phone continued to say searching so I took it to the Apple store where they gave me a new phone.  The Apple employee said it was probably a loose antenna.  I restored the phone from icloud (she said if you restore from itunes the software gliches could be restored as well).  It seemed to be working fine in the store but as soon as I used it more it started to happen again.  It does it at all times, and in various locations.  I don't know what else to do. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone keeps saying "searching." Got a new SIM and new phone. Still searching
HELP21111111

Im having the exact same problem.  I've dont the Network setting reset, Reset All Settings, and now I have done the factory restore.  I am at loss.  My Girlfriend and I bought the exact same phone on the exact same day and while my phone searches hers rocks full bars and LTE I know its not an issue with the service.  Id just like it fixed please.

Thanks,

0 Likes