Iphone4 to iphone4s
junuh
Enthusiast - Level 2
I upgraded to iPhone 4s but I did not back up my apps to iTunes before I mad the switch. How can I get back the apps I had purchased?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone4 to iphone4s
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

When you upgrade to iTunes 10.5 there should be a way to find your previously purchased apps and reinstall them.  In iTunes, at the iTune store page I see a quick link to "purchased (new)".  They should all be in there.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you JoeNe for your response. I really appreciate you taking the time to help our fellow VZW Forum community members.

@junuh,

I have great news for you. As JoeNe mentioned, you can download previously purchased Apps on your iPhone 4S. Below I have provided steps on how this can be done.

1. Open the App Store on your device.

2. Make sure you are signed in with the same account used for the original purchase.

3. Tap Updates from the bottom navigation bar, then tap Purchased. 
4. Locate the app in your Purchased tab. 

5. Tap the download button.

6. The app will begin downloading and you'll be taken back to your home screen.

If the previously purchased Apps were purchased on your PC click here for instruction on how to download.

I trust this information has been helpful.

0 Likes
junuh
Enthusiast - Level 2
@joene , the new phones already have the iOS 5 installed but thanks for your help.

@johnB thanks for the info I couldn't find the purchased tab your instructions helped.
0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

junuh wrote:
@joene , the new phones already have the iOS 5 installed but thanks for your help.

@johnB thanks for the info I couldn't find the purchased tab your instructions helped.

This wouldn't be iOS5.  iTunes 10.5 which you would have on your Mac or PC. 

1. Go to iTunes and make sure you are signed in

2. Go to iTunes Store

3. Look under "Quick Links"

4. Click on purchased

5. Click on apps

You should be able to download all purchased apps, music, etc into iTunes on your computer.  You can then sync with your new phone and all of your apps will be stored on your computer as well.

0 Likes