Is my Iphone 5 screwed?
birdo12

Yesterday my Iphone was turning on and off repeatedly and the battery percentage wouldnt change unless you turned it off. Well my screen locked up, and did that for 45 minutes to an hour, before i could finally back it up and restore it. Well it worked and did fine. This morning after 3 hours it still said my battery was at 100% which could not be right ...I turned it off and back on and well it did it again and stopped. I took it to Verizon and they reset the battery, which I thought would fix it. Well it went to 1% and i started charging it. After 45 mins it never went past 1% so I just reset the battery, now its back to square one. So i backed up my phone again and I am currently restoring my phone .. Is my phone just messed up now after having it for almost 3 years, could it be the battery, the chip inside the phone or what?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is my Iphone 5 screwed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi birdo12!

I realize the importance of having an operable device and your efforts are greatly appreciated! Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Please advise the current status of your phone after the restore.

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Is my Iphone 5 screwed?
birdo12

No it has not. It's in good condition. I tried restoring it again and this time it wiped my whole phone and everything and the "device" is not found now from itunes.

0 Likes