Jetpack showing 5 bars, only 1.5 Mbps
Innova
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my Jetpack was showing 2 bars out of 5 for the past few days, it's now showing a full 5 bars but the download speed has gone from around 5 Mbps (2 bars) to 1 Mbps (5 bars).  I thought that getting 5 bars would allow for very good speeds. What is the correlation between signal strenght and download speeds?  Also, I have to choose a catagorey before it will post.  Jetpack isn't even on the list!!!  Huh?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jetpack showing 5 bars, only 1.5 Mbps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your data speeds. We understand the importance of seeing what is causing the issue, and we will be glad to help! Hopw exactly do you use your Jetpack when using hotspot? Also, have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack showing 5 bars, only 1.5 Mbps
Innova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've factory reset it, re-inserted the SIM card twice. One of the chat ppl said to go and Verizon will give me a new SIM card. I seriously doubt that is the cause. For all I know it could be my 5510L has gone bad, tho in a previous location I was getting a satisfactory 22Mbps. I suppose my only option is to buy a new Jetpack and get a refund if it remains the same low speed. My current location is about to change to possibly a better location, even tho my current location is a mile or two from the tower.

Yes there were/are some variances in the signal strength bars. However, it showed 5 bars for a good hour and still had very very low speeds. BTW, Jetpacks are sold and some ARE factory made faulty.  I upgraded to a newer one than the 5510L and after spending time with your chat and changing out the SIM card from the newly purchased one and getting very low speeds and  putting  the card back into this 5510L, the speeds went to 22Mbps. Maybe this 5510L has itself become faulty. I got a refund for that new model that was faulty.  The reason I got the newer Jetpack is because the data on the unit wasn't showing usage which I now know is the case for both models.  I now use Verizons site to check data usage. I didn't know that when I bought the newer faulty model.

0 Likes