Re: Locating a stolen iphone
PokerQueen33

Hi. I came late to this discussion. Forgive me. Just one question...Can my stolen iphone 4s be tracked when it is off. It has "Find my iphone" app installed. The GPS is on. The power is just off. Can it still be tracked?? Please help. Thanks.

Needs 2 Learn

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Your phone does need to be powered on for the GPS system to be active.and the Find My iPhone system to work. 

Good luck.

0 Likes
InventingJoy

Thx for asking this question.

HELP!! I'm inthe same situation. But, I have written an oprah & half the music is on the memory card. 'Don't beat me up for not transferring it or having installed that app to find it. No one can beat me as hard as I have already beaten me.

The phn is being used. I have lots of numbers they are calling, which I iplan to call. I will call the police in San Diego where it was stolen. But I will also report it to the PD in Albuquerque bcs there are loads of calls to Albuqurque. If all else fails, I'll text them & offer them 20  plus give them the phone if they drop my memory card off. Expensive, but what's the price of a creative work? Is this a good plan? Anyone have further suggestions, tweaks for this strategy or a better strategy? All ideas, critique, creative, out of the box , or crazy ideas are welcome.

I need your help Pleeeeease!!

<

if it was a Droid phone, you could download to your home PC Plan B, to track it. As long as it is on and data and GPS is running>

Burdone, or anyone, could you pls give me more iinfo on your post. It is a doid The Gps seems to turn itself on all the time (& I get charged for it). Pls tell me more about how to use it.

Gina: Is that a Giant Schnauzer in your avatar?

Thx everyone, in advance for your help

.Puppy Love from  Inventing Joy & the Furry Folk

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call Verizon and suspend the phone.  All the calls the person is making, you are responsible for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

InventingJoy,

I am very sorry to hear that you recently lost your device. I can say from personal experience losing a phone is never fun, but I am going to do everything in my power to make things right. First and foremost you are going to want to suspend your device via your My Verizon account under lost/stolen. Provided below is a link with some helpful information regarding a lost or stolen device. http://bit.ly/HYADFp. Once your device is successfully suspended we can take a look at possibly restoring the information you had on it via iTunes or iCloud.

Thank you,

Georgep_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes