MMS (green) group chat/media not sending
Nuge93

I have no problem sending iMessage group texts with my friends that all have iPhones, but as soon as there is someone with an android/no iMessage in it, it turns green and I am not able to send and receive the messages. It's been like this ever since I had my first iPhone (2+ years ago).

The same is for picture messaging without iMessage. I can't send a picture to someone with an android, but I can to people with other iPhone's with iMessage on. It's gotten to the point where it's really annoying as I have a few friends that I like talking to in a group, but can't because of this.

I went to the Apple forums and it was concluded that its a problem with Verizon, not my iPhone. Are there any settings that need tweaking, or is there something in my account that I have to change?

I have a verizon iPhone 5S, fyi.

Anything helps!

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS (green) group chat/media not sending
bryans_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Nuge93! I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are
having with group messages. I would like to test this out with you. Can you
disable iMessages on your phone then try to send a message again? Here are the
steps to do so. http://vz.to/1z7N4pJ

Lets also make sure you have your Mobile Data turned on. http://vz.to/1wzbVSm If mobile data is not
turned on, your picture and group messages to android phones may not go
through.

Thanks in advance!

BryanS_VZW

Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Kathlene003

I've been having this same issue. I have called in, they have replaced my phone like 4 times, they have made me do multiple master resets and  tweaked so many of my settings that I didn't know existed. NOTHING helps! Its not just group chat either. Its all picture messages and 60% of texts to non-imessage users. It is very disappointing. This is the main reason that after 10 years of service I am walking away from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathlene003, we want to get this issue resolved for you right away. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you have this picture messaging issue?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kathlene003

It happens owith wifi, without wifi, on 3G, on LTE... It doesn't discriminate.

0 Likes
Kathlene003

It happens with or without wifi, on 3G and on LTE. It doesn't discriminate. It always takes a long time to send messages to non-iMessage users.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathlene003,

Hmm, that is quite interesting. Would this issue primarily be at a specific location or everywhere you go? What's your zip code? Are you aware of other VZW users in the area with similar concerns?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kathlene003

I have called and done all possible trouble shooting. I'm always in the same area so it does primarily happen here but when I do travel it does the same thing. I do know others with the same issue and now I know people that aren't getting photos the iPhone users are sending and iPhone users aren't getting their photos from their android devices.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for replying Kathlene003.

Are you getting an error message are you able to send with iMessage off to a
Android device? Please delete all old messages and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
paperstreet

I have the same problem with you. Tried pretty much everything I could but nothing works!

0 Likes