MMS on iPhone 14 Plus not working
bostoneagle99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to an Unlimited Data Plan, and got an  Apple iPhone 14 Plus  and a free iPad 9th Generation at that time. I have done everything I needed to do in order to set up both devices, but many of my non-iMessage texts "failed to send" over and over

I narrowed the problem down to MMS; if I turn MMS off and just use SMS, the texts go through, but if I turn on MMS and try to send a picture or GIF, I get the "failed to send" and red exclamation point.

I see similar issues on the message boards here, but all of them reach a dead end with a "We're sorry to hear you're having a problem..." response. I'm hoping that I can get some help on what to do.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS on iPhone 14 Plus not working
bostoneagle99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to come back and reply to my thread with the solution - at least the solution that worked for me.

I chatted (again) with a Verizon technician, and this time they recommended that I turn off iMessage, power the phone down, count to 30, power back up, and then see if MMS pictures/GIFs/videos would send. IT WORKED. And continued to work after turning iMessages back on.

I don't know why iMessage was interfering with MMS, but in any event, I wanted to close this loop for all of you iPhoners out there having MMS issues - give this a try and see what happens.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bostoneagle99. We know the importance of ensuring you are receiving all of your text and picture messages on your new iPhone 14. Please send us a Private Note so we can look into this for you. 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
bostoneagle99
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I send you a private note?

0 Likes
bostoneagle99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to come back and reply to my thread with the solution - at least the solution that worked for me.

I chatted (again) with a Verizon technician, and this time they recommended that I turn off iMessage, power the phone down, count to 30, power back up, and then see if MMS pictures/GIFs/videos would send. IT WORKED. And continued to work after turning iMessages back on.

I don't know why iMessage was interfering with MMS, but in any event, I wanted to close this loop for all of you iPhoners out there having MMS issues - give this a try and see what happens.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll send you a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes
robotewa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't send picture messages or group texts.  This solution didn't work for me.  I called Verizon, and they had me turn off my phone and they reset something on their side.  It worked after they did this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happyto hear that your MMS messaging issues were resolved, robotewa! We are here for support and only a mention/ private note away anytime needing assistance. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried this and it didn't work.

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

This did not help me and while I was chatting with tech support they escalated but the  I was dropped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clobberingtyme, We want to ensure you can use all of your iPhone's services without issue. What specific issue is being experienced with your MMS services. Are you unable to send, receive or both? Do regular SMS messages work? Have we confirmed that the service isn't blocked or properly provisioned for your line?

-Genesis

0 Likes