MMS on new Iphone not working
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried disabling iMessage, rebooting. turning back on. Turning off MMS then turning it back on, resetting Network Settings.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS on new Iphone not working
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

After browsing Reddit, this is what worked for me. Thanks to SilentRain76 on Reddit

The Fix 

SilentRain76-

"Had this same issue when I upgraded a couple of lines to new iPhone 14s from physical SIMs to eSIM.

The fix you can do on your own that worked for me (without involving Verizon customer support) involves toggling a setting in the MyVerizon app.

Go the the MyVerizon app and click on the “Account” in the bottom bar. Then scroll down until you see a section labeled “Devices” and click on the link that says “Manage all devices”. Then find the device that’s affected and select the “Manage device” option. Scroll down and click on the option that says “Block specific services”. From there, you want to enable the option for “Block Picture and Video Messaging”.

This is where the app can get glitchy, but the trick is to wait about 5-7 minutes for the option to fully enable before going back into the app and disabling it. The fix didn’t work when I first enabled and immediately disabled the feature, so I’m pretty sure you need to wait about 5 minutes until you see that the option is fully toggled on when you close and reopen the app. You might need to wait about 5 minutes for the option to fully disable as well.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue. Verizon support might be backed up since it seems a lot of people are having this issue, so wanted to post this here."

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were great steps to try, clobberingtyme. We are sending a private note to continue working with you on this issue. 

-George

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will do.

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spent an hour and a 1/2 on the phone with 2 Verizon technicians. the 1st one added a new ESIM and disabled the original one. After that didn't work he threw me back in the que. The second tech said call Apple this is a known issue.

This is not a good look right now.

clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

George, I felt like I've wasted 2 hours of time.

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

After digging, I found this. Just got iPhone 14 -Apple Community

Further down the line. 

"Verizon did not set up your account correctly for your iPhone 14. You need to call Verizon technical support, ask for a senior advisor, and explain the problem. They need to correct the misconfiguration of MMS on your line."

Why can't they do this for me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! We're not ready to give up yet! Let's keep going! To continue, please send us a Private Note to continue! *Kris

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

More curated fixes.

No MMS or Group Messaging with iPhone 14 Pro : verizon (reddit.com)

Contact tech support and have them remove the picture messaging feature and then re-adding it, then restart your phone. That’s been working 99% off the time.

I haven't tried these as I was tired of waiting after almost 2 hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clobberingtyme, it's important that you are able to get your concerns addressed and resolved. Let us help you with this. Send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Brianna

0 Likes
clobberingtyme
Enthusiast - Level 3

After browsing Reddit, this is what worked for me. Thanks to SilentRain76 on Reddit

The Fix 

SilentRain76-

"Had this same issue when I upgraded a couple of lines to new iPhone 14s from physical SIMs to eSIM.

The fix you can do on your own that worked for me (without involving Verizon customer support) involves toggling a setting in the MyVerizon app.

Go the the MyVerizon app and click on the “Account” in the bottom bar. Then scroll down until you see a section labeled “Devices” and click on the link that says “Manage all devices”. Then find the device that’s affected and select the “Manage device” option. Scroll down and click on the option that says “Block specific services”. From there, you want to enable the option for “Block Picture and Video Messaging”.

This is where the app can get glitchy, but the trick is to wait about 5-7 minutes for the option to fully enable before going back into the app and disabling it. The fix didn’t work when I first enabled and immediately disabled the feature, so I’m pretty sure you need to wait about 5 minutes until you see that the option is fully toggled on when you close and reopen the app. You might need to wait about 5 minutes for the option to fully disable as well.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue. Verizon support might be backed up since it seems a lot of people are having this issue, so wanted to post this here."