My iPhone 4 sending old text messages days later
dantesmum926

My friends from multiple carriers are getting some of my text messages days later. These messages are either never received or duplicates. My phone is up to date and I delete my messages as well. It still happens. My friends are getting annoyed and so am I. What is going on!?!?!?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4 sending old text messages days later
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this dantesmum926! Is this happening in more than one area? Where are you located? Do you power cycle your phone at least once a day? Which messaging app are you using? Can you call the same numbers without any problems?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dantesmum926

It is happening anywhere, no particular location. I am located in Wiscasset, Maine. I power cycle my phone at night time. I'm using the normal iPhone messaging app, nothing extra or special. And yes I can call the same numbers. My friends will just get my messages from them that they already got or never received, 2-3 days after I sent them, no matter where I am or where they are. They come from different carriers or the same carrier and different types of phone or some have the iPhone. It seems to be extremely random. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
kungfu71

Same thing here. I sent a text message to a friend at approximately 4:45. He received the text message at that time and then again at 6:42. I am a first time iphone user and now I'm beginning to have doubts out of fear that this is happening on other occasions.  Any solutions/suggestions???

0 Likes
Lately25

I'm also having this issue with Verizon as well, and I'm located in Houston, Tx. I'm using my phones regular text app to send my messages. I sent a text message for Thanksgiving that the receivers didn't get until Sunday....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be very frustrating, dantesmum926!

Do you notice this happening an a particular time of day or when just at home? Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message if these issues persist.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes