My iPhone 4s is impossibly slow and almost unusable since the IOS8 upgrade... can I get IOS7 back?
NaeThomp

Can someone let me know if we can get a downgrade?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s is impossibly slow and almost unusable since the IOS8 upgrade... can I get IOS7 back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day NaeThomp! May I ask how much available device memory do you have? Also, what's the exact iOS 8 version do you have installed? This info can be found under Settings > General > About > Verson. Please include the characters in parenthesis in your reply.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s is impossibly slow and almost unusable since the IOS8 upgrade... can I get IOS7 back?
NaeThomp

Thanks.

its a 32gb and i have 7.1GB available

Version 8.1(12B411)

0 Likes
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

ios 8.1.1 is specifically intended to improve performance on the 4s and the older ipads.

Users of the 4s have reported improved performance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the assistance btcompute! He is correct as iOS 8.1.1 is designed to improve performance, NaeThomp. May I ask have you completed this update? If not then I would suggest doing so then retest the device. On a side note, can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the devicem NaeThomp?

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

NaeThomp,  I've heard of some people doing so with a jailbroken device but I don't hear very many success stories of trying to downgrade a device that isn't.  Good luck and post if you have success...I'm sure lots of people would like to know how you did it (if you're successful).

0 Likes