My iPhone 6 Pre-order was cancelled without reason
scifreak10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spent 10 hours, talking with 2 customer service reps, 1 customer service supervisor, 2 sales persons, and 1 person from fraud. Here's the timeline:

1) On 9/12/14 at 3:30AM PST I pre-ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 White on the verizon website porting my number from AT&T. The website didn't refresh correctly, so I wasn't sure if it went through.

2) I chatted with someone at 3:52AM PST I chatted with a sales rep online who said that he couldn't see pre-orders and wasn't sure if it went through, but he recommended I placed another order just in case. I ordered my phone again.

3) I got email confirmations for both orders saying that they have been placed.

4) I got an email stating that Fraud prevention needs me to call in to verify purchase or else they would cancel my pre-order.

5) I called in and talked

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 6 Pre-order was cancelled without reason
scifreak10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like my original message got cut off.

I spent 10 hours, talking with 2 customer service reps, 1 customer service supervisor, 2 sales persons, and 1 person from fraud. Here's the timeline:

1) On 9/12/14 at 3:30AM PST I pre-ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 White on the verizon website porting my number from AT&T. The website didn't refresh correctly, so I wasn't sure if it went through.

2) I chatted with someone at 3:52AM PST I chatted with a sales rep online who said that he couldn't see pre-orders and wasn't sure if it went through, but he recommended I placed another order just in case. I ordered my phone again.

3) I got email confirmations for both orders saying that they have been placed.

4) I got an email stating that Fraud prevention needs me to call in to verify purchase or else they would cancel my pre-order.

5) I called in and talked with the Fraud prevention people, who verified my SSN, Address, etc. They told me there's no problem submitting a different mailing address and shipping address because I'm an existing account and I verified the information on my account. They will go ahead and cancel one of the orders and approve the other order.

6) I get an email stating one of my orders was cancelled.

7) I get an email stating one of my orders as approved and guaranteed arrival by 9/18/2014.

😎 I get an email this morning stating my order (the one that was approved) has been cancelled.

9) I contacted a customer service representative via chat who said not to worry, the system was being inundated and that the order is processed and approved. Please disregard the cancellation message. If I wanted to be certain, I can call customer service to verify.

9) I spend 4 hours on hold and working with a customer service person who says their system says it WAS IN FACT CANCELLED. However, she can't figure out why it was cancelled other than it was cancelled. There's no way for them to uncancel the order and I have to place a new one. I ask to be transferred to a supervisor.

10) Supervisor told me there's nothing she can do. They are canceling all orders where the shipping address and billing address are different. I told her that Fraud EXPLICITLY told me this is not an issue because I have verified personal information. She said they just had a meeting this morning saying they are processing cancellations. And there is NOTHING they can do. They're "sorry" for MY confusion.

Conclusion: It's my fault Verizon's system crashed. It's my fault I was misled by all their departments including fraud. They don't care about you and will lie to your face.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

0 Likes
Sabatinojr

Yep.  Same thing here.  I'm beyond pissed.  I'm pretty sure I'm taking my 5 lines and 2 ipads over to another carrier over this. It's the second time they've screwed up a pre-order on me. My contracts are up and I'll pay half the price somewhere else where hopefully CS actually cares enough to solve an issue they created.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you so upset about your pre-order experience or wanting to leave, Sabatinojr. I sent you a follow request as well as a private message. Please check your inbox here in the forums and reply with the information I'll need to restore your order and confidence with us.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
One4blackberry
Contributor - Level 1

What did they advise you in regards to placing another order?  Did they say if it would successfully post or again cancel because of the address issue?

There are many of us including myself that ordered devices with the billing address not being the same as the physical address.  My billing address is a PO box and they are unable to deliver to a PO box so I provided my physical home address HOWEVER Verizon has always had my billing and physical address in the system.  There are others that ordered devices with shipping request to their place of employment as well.  I am not sure if the flag for cancellation for you would have been a new customer vs a current customer with confirmed data....

I will say that I had to contact the fraud department to confirm data as well and to confirm that I indeed wanted the device to be shipped to my home address. 

0 Likes
Jaysend

I experienced a similar issue. I stayed up until 3 am to pre order my iphone. Earlier during reasonable hours I called apple and they told my that they would only preorder subsidized phones. Due to my contract with verizon, I need to purchase at full price. To my great disappointment, I was told that I would need to ore order through Verizon. Yikes. So I called verizon and made a checklist of everything I would need to pre order. All 3 passwords, check, addresses and payment info check. 3 am rolls around and I hop into Verizon.

PROBLEM 1: I needed additional information that I didn't have. Ok I get it figured out and pre order. Happy days. I go back to sleep and in the morning I have an email and expected date is Friday 9/19. Happy days!

BIG PROBLEM 2: I will be traveling in that day so I call to see if I can have it shipped to my hotel. "Sure no problem" I can put in a change order or I can cancel your order and put in a new one." Um no absolutely do not cancel my pre order thanks. The Verizon rep said " we have plenty of phones and it will not change your shipping date" ( why does every customer service rep at verizon make things up and state them as fact? It's ok to say I don't know) I repeated no I don't want to risk it.

I checked my preorder and to my horror, it was cancelled and I had a new preorder in the system for a delivery 2 months later to a hotel across the country..

BIG INEXCUSABLE PROBLEM 3: I called 100s of times and was basically told all sorts of conflicting theories on why it happened, (again, all stated as fact) with no help, sympathy or even empathy.

I have been with verizon since the 90's and I will be taking my 3 lines, and 3 devices elsewhere. Not so much for the pre order debacle but the subsequent handling of the problem.

It's a phone, it's not the end of the world but it is important to me and I expect it to be at least marginally important to Verizon. I would also love to have my pre order honored..

-J

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jaysend We are very concerned to hear about your recent experience with the preorder. Your business is valued and we want to make sure we are providing great customer service. I can understand the urgency to receive your phone if you're traveling. There will be a shipping delay at this point for most iPhone orders. I recommend having the phone shipped to your billing address to avoid further delays. Please let us know how we can assist.

SheritaH_VZW               
Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaysend

Yes there is a very significant delay for shipping! It went from today 9/19 to November! Thus the problem. So what do you propose to do about this? I tell you if I can get an ATT or Sprint phone before November, I will. I am open to ideas.

0 Likes
Jaysend

I should add, I don't care where the phone is shipped. That was never a large concern. I thought it would be nice to have the phone shipped to my hotel today but my home/billing address is fine. If you can get me the phone in a REASONABLE time, I'd be happy to have it sent anywhere you want, heck I'll hop in a plane to go get it. But in my mind going from September 19th to November is not reasonable.

0 Likes
Jaysend

SheritaVZW,

Did you have any actual suggestions? Will the shipping delay apply to my cancelled order? Was shipping to my billing address somehow part of the problem?

0 Likes