My phone shows extended where it should show Verizon
mitchellpalles
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone started showing extended where Verizon should be I have not left the county where my phone is registered. I have restored my phone and its network settings. I went to Verizon and they actually sent me a warranty phone and it still says extended. I know its not a big deal but it bugs me and if it cant be fixed I just want to know what is causing the issue. It just started a couple weeks ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone shows extended where it should show Verizon
mitchellpalles
Enthusiast - Level 2

They figured out what the problem with my phone was. My phone plan use to be a alltel plan and they had to sync my phone back to a verizon plan because it was thinking that it was still a alltel plan and that made it extended

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your phone continues to display an extended network, mitchellpalles. I would like to review your account to ensure you are provisioned correctly. I have sent you a direct message here. Please reply to my message for further assistance.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rrstd

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 5.  Have tried a number of unsuccessful fixes including resetting of network settings and complete erase and resetting of the phone (both over the air and through iTunes).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrstd,

I am so sorry to hear you are having this issue. When did this issue begin? What zipcode are you in? Did you do any software updates around the time this issue began?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
rrstd

My zipcode is 68803

Noticed issue a day or two after updating to iOS 8.1.  Another family member has same issue and has also recently updated to iOS 8.1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrstd,

Thanks for the info. Your area looks clear. Have you noticed any change in service since the the phone changed to Extended?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
mitchellpalles
Enthusiast - Level 2

They figured out what the problem with my phone was. My phone plan use to be a alltel plan and they had to sync my phone back to a verizon plan because it was thinking that it was still a alltel plan and that made it extended

0 Likes
mitchellpalles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have a grandfathered plan from another provider?

I did mine was a grandfathered plan from alltel and after the ios upgrade it made it think that it was a previous alltel plan.

0 Likes
rrstd

Yes,  We are also on a grandfathered Alltel plan (one basic phone on the plan is still an old Alltel Phone).

0 Likes
mitchellpalles
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I talked to a very nice women at verizon and she was able to re-sync my phone so the plan showed as a verizon plan and it took care of it. I cant remember the terminology that she used it may not have been re-sync but it was something like that.

0 Likes