My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
GregMandyBenson
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's 4 and my daughters 5C did the same. I called customer service and was essentially told "too bad, if it's in your house we can't really help that". My wife was able to call *228 and her phone now gets 3 bars which isn't good, but its better than not being able to use her phone. My daughter and I can't use *228. We have powered off and back on, removed SIM cards, what else can we do to actually get phone service on 2 of 3 phones in our own home? The phones also drop calls around the corner from our house so it's not just in our home. The phones all work well at school and our jobs.  We live in zip code 80525. Help please!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information GregMandyBenson! I want you have the best wireless experience everywhere! Your original post indicates that you called us and nothing could be done to improve service for you. Was a ticket submitted to our network team to determine this? If so, please share the NRB ticket number provided? We are unable to guarantee indoor service due to multiple factors that can impact wireless signals with structural interference ranking high on the list; However, other customers are taking advantage of Network Extenders http://vz.to/1jMR0HT to improve indoor service. Was this option recommended when you called us?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can try resetting the network settings in the Settings area of your phones to see if that helps.

0 Likes
GregMandyBenson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion. We just tried that on the 6 and it didn't help. The 5C is out of the house right now but we will try that later on the 5C

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

After doing it try powering your phone off and then back on...not sure it will help but it's a good idea to restart your device just to make sure. Won't hurt anything at least

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying the suggestion from your fellow community member, GregMandyBenson. Have you noticed any difference in signal strength or call quality since doing the network settings reset to any of the iPhones? Since so many lines noticed a change recently, do you know of any big changes in your area (such as a new building, hospital, etc) or at your home (new cable or internet service, new siding, etc)? Are only calls effected or do you notice data and message trouble too?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
GregMandyBenson
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have not noticed any difference in the signal strength or call quality since the network setting reset on either the 5C or 6. We could not call my mother to wish her happy birthday from our living room-had to text her and ask her to call our land line. It's pretty absurd we are paying this much per month and can't get service in our own home.

It affects calls and facetime, data and messages are not affected. We are connected to our WiFi. We have not had any changes to our home (inside or out) or any new big changes in the area. Any prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

B33
Legend

Just for asking not prying have tried calls in other parts of your city or areas close around your home with any better results or have you tried making calls outside that is if it's not to cold I don't want any one to freeze just to see if a phone will make a better call that way)  but if you have reasonable weather outside and you can see a difference then there is something inside that is causing the conflict.. something you can try as well is too initiate the call outside of your home Give it about 5 or 10 min. walk inside your home in the area you could not call at all see what happens..  

To add: you might also need to have a Rep at the Call center send you a new P.R.L. let the rep. know what your current prl is see if a new one needs sent out sometimes just a small thing like that is what can stop a phone from working properly..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information GregMandyBenson! I want you have the best wireless experience everywhere! Your original post indicates that you called us and nothing could be done to improve service for you. Was a ticket submitted to our network team to determine this? If so, please share the NRB ticket number provided? We are unable to guarantee indoor service due to multiple factors that can impact wireless signals with structural interference ranking high on the list; However, other customers are taking advantage of Network Extenders http://vz.to/1jMR0HT to improve indoor service. Was this option recommended when you called us?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
GregMandyBenson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not given a ticket number when I called customer service. I was only told the same thing you typed....  "We are unable to guarantee indoor service due to multiple factors that can impact wireless signals with structural interference ranking high on the list; However, other customers are taking advantage of Network Extenders to improve indoor service". I am starting to feel like this is a ploy to get your customers to spend more money. Most reliable network and we have no coverage in a suburban neighborhood??? Hmmmmmm.

As I said in my original post it is not just dropping calls in our home. It is around the corner from our house and in several other areas of the neighborhood, almost clustered to the south end of our neighborhood with the worst being in our home. We have lived here almost a year and had no problems until a few weeks ago. None of our phones have difficulty with calls dropping anywhere else but our neighborhood. It also effects facetime and my wife being able to send picture messages on her iphone 4. 

My brother in law has a Samsung Galaxy--on our plan--and came over last night. He said as soon as he gets in our neighborhood his phone varies greatly between 1x and 4G coverage and likes to drop calls.

The only solution proposed by customer service was to shell out $200.00 for a network extender. Again this is not JUST in our home, though it is worst in our home. This is obviously a recent network problem and should not incur a cost on our part to fix it, if we can't make a call until we leave the entire subdivision.

We will be asking people with other carriers to try their phones in our neighborhood. If they have better coverage, our family will be changing carriers. We have been loyal Verizon customers since 1999. Our loyalty ends when we shell out $300 + a month for phones we are unable to even use in our home or our neighborhood. Hoping for a real answer from customer service soon. This generic "we want you to be satisfied and have a great experience" response followed by "Spend more money with us to get coverage that you have had for a year but suddenly don't have" is unacceptable.

JCARUCH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues. Everything was fine, with Verizon for at least 15 years, starting Saturday March 28 starting having issues dropping calls in and around the home. Interesting that I use a ton of minutes as I use my phone for work. I'm curious if Verizon identified high users and is trying to get the network extender purchase. I spoke to Verizon today, they opened a ticket and are researching. I made it clear that I will be dropping all 4 of my phones and switching to another carrier if this does not improve by Wednesday. I will not pay any early termination fee due to Verizon not meeting their end of a contract. They can bill me but I will not pay.