NFL Mobile Question
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There are 2 iPhones in my household. Both have the NFL Mobile app on it (both have had the App since it was available). Both had been capable of watching live video (NFL Network, RED Zone, SNF). Today, 1 still can watch live video and the other one says "Please subscribe to V Cast/Verizon Video....". Neither phone has the subsciption service. I checked the accounts to verify that it had not somehow been added. I know that it was said that it would only be free during the pre-season....since this is week 4 that obviously was not true (or wasn't enforced). Anyone else that use NFL Mobile able to still view the live video? Anyone know why it would work on one iPhone without a subscription but not work on the other one? Also, both have the same most recent update to the app (anyone that uses the app knows that you can't decline the update if you want to use it).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile Question
crquilts

I noticed the same message just in the past 2 weeks. That I would have to subscribe to VCast for live coverage. Did you get any response from Verizon Wireless? I am the only smartphone in the household and prior to my Iphone I had VCast on my previous phone.

Just don't get it.

CA

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi kaebfly,

I apologize for any confusion surrounding the subscription message your receiving when opening the NFL Mobile application in one of your phones. This message will eventually be displayed on all 3G devices including your other iPhone. Please see NFL Mobile pricing details below:

·          All phones receive Basic Features at no additional cost

·          4G devices receive Premium Features at no additional cost for 2011 Season (promotional)

·          Effective 10/01/2011, NFL Mobile requires $10 Verizon Video/V CAST Video subscription for users with 3G devices

·          Data usage is incurred while using NFL Mobile application and charged per the customer's data package

• A message is displayed indicating that a V CAST Video subscription is required to access video content.
  • 3G customers accessing NFL Mobile video content without a Verizon Video/V CAST Video subscription will see the option to self-provision Verizon Video/V CAST Video for $10 per month to receive the NFL Premium app.
  • 4G customers will receive free access to NFL Mobile video content through the end of the current NFL season (promotional).

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

With the service what all do you get besides access to NFL? It would have been fine if this happened at the beginning of the season but it's odd to happen 4 weeks in...and without warning. Not sure if it's really worth the additional cost when the only thing I really used it for was NFL Red Zone, but I would like to know the benefits.

0 Likes
erxy

I think its pretty ridiculous to start charging for nfl mobile now...I think verizon charges enough for their plans period..plus i have used the nfl mobile app for over a year now and then all of a sudden they want to start charging to use it when cable tv charges only $35 for the whole season..Verizon should give the app to users who have the data plan for free since they already have the data plan..If they want to charge money for it they shouldnt even have it an option on your phone and they should make u purchase it from the app store/world...ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS TO START CHARGING NOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR OVER A YEAR.  i LOVE THE VERIZON SERVICE BUT THIS IS THE FIRST THING THAT HAS **bleep** ME OFF WITH THEM

0 Likes
echo2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called them about a month ago and asked about the subscription charge, the support person I talked to assured me there will be no charges as long as I installed the free app before Oct 4th, or something like that, never said after a certain date a subscription will be required  ...un-installing now!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

echo2011 wrote:

I called them about a month ago and asked about the subscription charge, the support person I talked to assured me there will be no charges as long as I installed the free app before Oct 4th, or something like that, never said after a certain date a subscription will be required  ...un-installing now!

The app itself still offers a lot...it's just the live video that requires a subscription at this point apparently. If you called in your account should be noted for that call. Not sure if it will do anything but you can always call back and reference the date you were originally given the apparently false info. They may honor what you were told. It's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to check.

0 Likes
Audityem

Absolute **bleep** its bad enough I have to pay for a data plan but to take away my nfl and charge me another $10 CRAP.This app is exclusive to Verizon customers so we shouldn't have to pay.The only reason I came over to Verizon from sprint is for this app. Sprint never charged and I had a way better rate for my service.This app was free all last year now u want to charge us BULL**bleep**.Money hungry corporate **bleep** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that sprint has the iphone I guess there is no reason to stay with Verizon

0 Likes
vodh

I am 4G  customer I been log on okay until I upgrade the apps today. I won't able to get in . when i start the app asking  name and password ? Where do i get the password ti's should be free 

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

Hi kaebfly,

I apologize for any confusion surrounding the subscription message your receiving when opening the NFL Mobile application in one of your phones. This message will eventually be displayed on all 3G devices including your other iPhone. Please see NFL Mobile pricing details below:

·          All phones receive Basic Features at no additional cost

·          4G devices receive Premium Features at no additional cost for 2011 Season (promotional)

·          Effective 10/01/2011, NFL Mobile requires $10 Verizon Video/V CAST Video subscription for users with 3G devices

·          Data usage is incurred while using NFL Mobile application and charged per the customer's data package

• A message is displayed indicating that a V CAST Video subscription is required to access video content.
  • 3G customers accessing NFL Mobile video content without a Verizon Video/V CAST Video subscription will see the option to self-provision Verizon Video/V CAST Video for $10 per month to receive the NFL Premium app.
  • 4G customers will receive free access to NFL Mobile video content through the end of the current NFL season (promotional).

0 Likes
brainac999

I just tried to access NFL mobile today to check kickoff time while I was eating breakfast out, and got the same login Bull. What's up with that? When was it changed to require me to get another login and password to access free content?

What the crap Verizon, what the hell are you thinking.

Sure it's convenient to only have to use one login and password...but only for the people that already had the apps/accounts that were using the My Verizon Profile logins to begin with. For everyone else it's just another **** signup for free content (one that didn't use to exist). The only reason I went with Verizon was family convenience, keep this crap up though and I'll be finding a different company. Actually, go ahead. It will give me an excuse to get a new phone (not from you), and not have to pay $30 for a data plan, and more for texting.

Complete and utter ****!! Smiley Sad

0 Likes