Need more ring time
MARBER74

How can I increase the ring time on my 4S?  I internet-searched and was informed by several articles that I should call *#61#, but that only got me a wrong number message rather than the "secret page" I expected to see.  Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need more ring time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon.

I know how important it is to get to those calls. I've been in the same spot. I've reached for my device just as its going to voicemail. I wish we could. I'm sorry there isn't away to increase the amount of rings.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon.

I know how important it is to get to those calls. I've been in the same spot. I've reached for my device just as its going to voicemail. I wish we could. I'm sorry there isn't away to increase the amount of rings.

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brownian_Motion
Enthusiast - Level 3

Perhaps we should investigate if ATT / SPRINT is smart enough to satisfy a basic customer need like this...

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Sprint doesn't offer adjustable ring times before voicemail pickup but AT&T does

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you as a customer, Brownian_Motion. Please accept our apology as the ring time is not a feature that can be changed. May I ask are you missing calls because of the length of the ring time? If so then there's the option of activating no answer/busy transfer call forwarding. With this service, the call will ring on your mobile number but instead of going to voice mail, the call will ring on a second number of your choice. This is a great option if you have a landline phone to forward to or another cell phone, like a work cell. If interested then here's a link on how to do so.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/support/features/calling_features/no_answer_transfer...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

That was pretty unnecessary. If you are gonna switch over something that minor just do it.

0 Likes
Brownian_Motion
Enthusiast - Level 3

Minor? Tell that to my wife. We've tested this and the calling party gets

ringback anywhere from 2 to 4 times - BEFORE THE IDIOT PHONE MAKES ANY

NOISE. She gets maybe 2 to 3 actual rings before the call drops/forwards.

0 Likes
SUSTEN85

just off the phone with customer service regarding the ring length of my samsung galaxy s7 edge.  my phone goes to voice mail after 4 rings and sometimes fewer; way too short.

i am told there is NO way to lengthen this.  customer care says ring length cannot be changed on any phone. This seems to be Verizon issue; why can't they resolve it??  How to get VZ to address the issue?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

There is no issue. It is what it is.

0 Likes
hawk4

I wish there were a polite way of saying what a stupid response you gave.  I don't want to forward my calls, I want to answer my phone. 

0 Likes