New iPhone 14PM iMessage and MMS not working
keezy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new iPhone 14 PM yesterday and set it all up. I noticed my iMessages weren’t working at first so I turned it off in settings, restarted the phone, and turned it back on. Now my messages are switching between iMessage and Text Message each time I open a conversation. I can literally back out of the conversation and go right back into it and it will keep switching between iMessage and Text Message. Both messages will go through, though. 

my second issue is with MMS picture messaging. I can only send pictures through iMessage. Regular MMS messaging has the red exclamation and says Not Delivered. I’ve tried the same thing with the MMS setting - turning it off, restarting the phone, and then turning the setting back on. But that didn’t work at all. 

anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? My calling works just fine, and regular text messaging works fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New iPhone 14PM iMessage and MMS not working
keezy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Amber, thanks for replying and messaging me! I ended up chatting with tech support and got the issue fixed 🙂

For anyone else who stumbles upon this with the same issue - I had tried all the generic troubleshooting steps on Verizon’s site and nothing worked but removing and re-adding MMS picture messaging on my line. I’ve seen several other people who had the same issue say that this is the only thing that worked for them as well. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone purchase! We want to ensure we get your messages up and running again. To confirm, are you able to access the internet and other apps on your device? Is the device software up to date? Did you previously use an Android or Apple device?~Christian

keezy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply! Yep, everything else works just fine. All apps and internet work. I forgot to mention in my post, but I did upgrade to the latest version last night as part of my troubleshooting. So I’m on 16.2 currently. I previously had another Apple device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will figure this out together. Please meet me in a private message so we can help you. 

-Amber

keezy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Amber, thanks for replying and messaging me! I ended up chatting with tech support and got the issue fixed 🙂

For anyone else who stumbles upon this with the same issue - I had tried all the generic troubleshooting steps on Verizon’s site and nothing worked but removing and re-adding MMS picture messaging on my line. I’ve seen several other people who had the same issue say that this is the only thing that worked for them as well. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so glad that your issue was fixed. If you ever need help feel free to contact us here for help!

*Cassandra

0 Likes