New iPhone SE 2020. WiFi calling won't turn on.
QYT

As per the FAQ I go to Settings/Cellular and hit "WiFi calling.  I enter my address and agree to the terms and expect WiFi calling to be activated.  When I go back to Settings/Cellular/WiFi calling is OFF and wants my address again.  Is there something else I need to do to activate it.  We are in a weak signal area but good wifi.  It works with my wife's phone but not this new one. Is there an app needed? Is there some other setting that needs to be set?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New iPhone SE 2020. WiFi calling won't turn on.
QYT

After much back and forth with first level online support private messaging in this forum, I reported the problem to a moderator (supervisor) who saw the exchanges and called me and she was someone who knew what they were doing and had authority (once I gave access) She said the problem was on their end and fixed it. Good outcome - it may have arisen since it was an upgrade from a phone that did not have HD voice so could not do WiFi calling and that may have remained in their system. All good, BP back down 🙂

0 Likes
iemcdougald

I need to know who those people are. I have a brand new SE 2020 and am currently being told that WiFi calling is no longer supported on my device, which renders it practically useless to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to use the Mobile Hotspot on your phone, iemcdougald. The iPhone SE 2020 supports the WiFi Calling, please follow the instructions at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/) to activate WiFi Calling. Let us know if you need further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes